Cobra radios

shaman

Reaction score
Hi guys, just picked up a pair of Cobra ClearCalls at Wally world. Package deal, 2 radios, earbud mics, belt holsters, dual charging stand. Thought they would be great for keeping in touch with the wife(works across town)(well within the 2 mile range limit). So far splotchy results(many buildings between us. Can only assume they will be a lot better if I ever take them up in the hills. Anybody else have this model?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Shaman,

I've never heard of the Cobra ClearCalls. Do they have a model number on them? I recently used my Dad's Cobra radios, FRS 220-2 models. Decent radio but they had 2 huge problems. You can't turn the "Roger Beep" off so you hear the annoying beep after every answer. The other problem is the "Call" button is right where your fingers go when you pick the radio up, so you accidentally send the 3 second alert chime and your buddy answers and you get to say sorry all the time.

shaman

Reaction score
On a sticker on the back of the radio in smaaallllll print it says frs-85. Have to agree about the call button and the roger beep. Took them to disneyland for the family vacation, if I ever buy another set they will definately have privacy channels(these don't). Do like the earbud mic though.

Top Bottom