Coffee in camp?

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
I was just curious how others make their coffee in camp. I have tried a bunch of different methods and currently use a French press if I have time or want to make coffee from coffee grounds. I have been playing with the Starbucks VIA packs for a couple of years now and for one quick cup early in the morning I can get by with it for a few days. If the weather is really bad and I want something hot mid day I will occasionally mix VIA with Suisse Mocha. I typically drink my coffee black so the Suisse Mocha is like a hot chocolate drink to me.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
All my camp hunts I did in Cali i always Had those Starbucks Frappuccino in the glass bottles in my cooler. When I get up early in camp to get ready for the next day hunt I would suck a Couple of those down with 2 danishes and a protein drink and I am off and good til lunch time. For years now I only drink one cup of coffee in the morning and that’s it, so the cold ones are great for me when on a multiple day camp hunt for my early morning wake up, after a whole day hunting in high cali elevation up and down in extreme heat fully dressed and geared down will suck the life out of you by the end of the day. Then after camp dinner and planning the next day strategies it’s late and u only have about 6 hr before u have to get up and get ready for the next hunt and do it all over again......loll Anyways I miss hunting in Cali.....tra

muskeg

Reaction score
I've been known to pack around a Stanley thermos, cone (that fits it) and filters .... one time on a Mt Goat hunt, after backpacking up to camp for hours, I discovered I got beans instead of ground by mistake ... well you can use the butt end of the hatchet to crush up coffee beans .... ha ha

Planetcat

Reaction score
Can’t live without it. If I have the generator, mr. coffee or my buddy‘s old school electric percolator. When primitive, tin percolator over the fire. Vanilla ensure or boost make for a good creamer and a few calories before the hiking starts.

D8hntr

Reaction score
I just keep it simple. Good old instant Folger's. Cream and sugar.

DJE

Reaction score
I've always just brought a French Press and tea pot with beans I ground at home.

sportyg

Reaction score
I grind my coffee at home and just take it with me. I use an old coffee pot when camping and just watch it perk until it is the color I like.

Sawfish

Reaction score
I save the coffee packs hotels give you for their coffeemakers. Transport them in Ziploc bags and make camp coffee by dropping them in boiling water. No cost, no mess, no effort. No loss of hunting time.

BIGCIM

Reaction score
I use a coleman coffee maker.
1595657700825.png

I used a stoneware perculator before that.

ltdann

Reaction score
I hook a power converter to the truck battery and plug in my electric percolator. Works a charm....just remember to start the truck first :)

#1Predator

Reaction score
Coffee boiler without the "guts". Fill with water, add a handful of grounds & bring to a boil. Give it a stir, let set for about 5 minutes then crack an egg into the pot. Wait a few minutes then pour into your cup. An old timer told me that if a horseshoe stands up in the pot, it's just right.

P304X4

Reaction score
I heard the coffee was just right when it could climb out of the cup and smack you in the face!:D

ltdann

Reaction score
You guys are heathens! A good cup of coffee should be a pleasure to drink. You shouldn't have to beat it into submission;)

sportyg

Reaction score
back in my military days if a spoon didn't stand up in it then it was too weak

Top Bottom