Cold cam brrrrrr.

TmKarren

Reaction score
how long do new batterys last in cold weather, like 15 to 0 degr.  weather?   My cam. took 3 pictures one day, and I set it up for the next day, and that was it.  It took no more pictures  I got there and the flash was flashing and the battery was low.  I hope that isn't it.   All I had taken on the roll were 8 total.  I have a dc converter for 12 volt.  I hooked it up to my 9.6 v. battery, and it puts out 3.4 volts.  I had it hooked up to another camera it worked fine.  I was thinking if that is all the juice the 1.5s' have I will run everything off the 9.6.  will this be a problem??  I think it would work great.  I would post the first 3 pictures that I got but I have a virus on my computer.  My other problem is my PIR is the walmart one.  It has a timer of like 1 to 2 seconds on test, and 4 min. on auto.  My three pictures are of the same deer.  I have it set up on a main trail going to where I feed them.  I have it set to test so I don't miss anything  I think 4 min. is to long.  Usually they come one right after another.  I think maybe a 10 - 15 second would work fine.  With a four, and maybe a 15 min.  I don't know what do you think?   How do the timers work, and how do you set it up for different time?  I have like 0 knowledge of stuff like that.

(Edited by TmKarren at 8:13 pm on Dec. 29, 2001)

coyote

Reaction score
I parrallel up the batts. in my cams and run 2D cells on the cam.  I've had them work in -30's C without problems.  The batterry is more likely to wear down in the pir before the cam.  [If your saying you want to run everything of the 9.6v battery[without converting it down to 3v]  I say be careful if the weather warms up ... up goes the volts ]...yoteee'

TmKarren

Reaction score
The 12 vdc converter is the one you plug in a car power outlet.  I hooked it up to my 9.6 vdc battery, and on the 3 vdc switch it puts out 3.4 vdc.  I had it working on another camera.  It worked fine.  I think I'll hook it up to that.  thank you.

homer

Reaction score
TmKarren                                                                                 Were did you get that 12 vdc coverter and how much did it cost? I use 12 vdc rechargable batt, If I could use something like that I'd never have to buy another battery.                                                                                                   Thanks Homer.

homer

Reaction score
TmKarren                                                                                  I replace my AA' batterys after each roll of 24, and I don't have to much trouble, every once in awhile when its cold the film won't advance after snapping a picture and I'll get a flashing "H" on the counter. I just shut it off and then back on and the film will advance. When this happens I'll change my AA batterys. My 12 vdc battery will last for a long time, I don't know how long cause I've never had one go dead.                                 Homer

TmKarren

Reaction score
The converter that I'm talking about is the one you get anywhere.  It plugs into the cigarette lighter, and has the different output plugs and the 9vdc attachment.  It has different vdc settings like 9, 7.5, 6, 4.5, 3, and 1.5.  It only costs about 8 bucks.

Top Bottom