cold weather and game cams?

freshfromnc

Reaction score
question for everyone.  does cold weather do anything to your game cams? do your batteries drain or loose power do to cold weather?  also does your cam ever take very dark photos at night caused by cold weather? thanks in advance!

woodsman

Reaction score
freshfromnc   I'v have no problems with cold weather, I do think that the cold can slow down the batteries output , It is possible

TmKarren

Reaction score
If it gets too cold I would pack some descent behind the camera.  I have a camera freeze up on me.  I had to take it to a Photo place. put it in a special coat.  and rewind it by hand.  I also rub rubbing alcohol on the inside and outside lenses.  so when I take it outside it doesn't frost up.  I think it also helps when you leave it out for long periods.  other than this I haven't had any problems.

Applbit

Reaction score
I've been puttin rain-x on the glass to keep drops and snow off.  seems to work.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Coyote has reported he has used his when it's 35 below zero (celsius) and the only problem he has is frost on the outside of the lens

sometimes some of us gets a flashing "H" which means the film stuck in it's canister during film advance,  need to slide lens cover closed then back open to clear this error.  One of my cams has done this several times in near zero (f) temp's

Tinhorn

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom