color Aerial Photos

fpscabs

Reaction score
Is there any site that you can get close-up colored shots.  I can get sort of close using mapquest, (uses Globexplorer)  but the close up shots are still blk/wht in the backcountry.  I have to start at my address, which has close up color, then zoom out and relocate to my zone.  

FLBowhunter

Reaction score
I have found some pretty close up color aerial photos using my County Property Appraiser web site.  See if your county has them on line.  I have never seen color aerial photos on mapquest,  how do you get to them?
Scott

fpscabs

Reaction score
I put in my home address and when it came up as a street map, a file tab at the top of the window said "aerial shot".  So I clicked and saw our house and the school, across the street, in color.  Then I zoomed out and moved north to the area where I am going to hunt but it only got as close as the 7 or 8 level.  Any closer, the shot goes black and white.  Photo is different than other aerial shots I have. lake edge is bigger in one of the shots
Also,  I saw on the USGS web site a link to the areas they have done in color. Does not seem too accurate.

(Edited by fpscabs at 2:34 pm on Aug. 14, 2002)

Top Bottom