Colorado 3rd season bucks

huntnfool13

Reaction score
My friends and I managed to tag out on a few nice bucks. My one friend tagged out on a nice 3x3 on his first deer ever on his 3rd hunt in Colorado. My other friend shot a brute 4x4. And finally after we got some snow, I filled my tag on my last day of the hunt on this dark 4x4 that came down from the high country. I know every ones heard this before, but this has got to be the biggest bodied buck I've ever killed! He was just a big deer all around! It was warm the first few days and didn't see one single elk the whole hunt. The elk are getting fewer and fewer every year in this area, but are plentiful down on all the ranches as soon as the shooting starts! Go figure!

Huntnhopr

Reaction score
All three great bucks, but your right the one is a a down right brute! Nice work

vogel002

Reaction score
damn those things could eat our bucks down here

Big Moose

Reaction score
You guys did good! Nice bucks! I came home with my tag. It was a tough hunt this year. Congratulations to all of you!

Moose

snoopdogg

Reaction score
That's a great hunt with some good animals. Congratulations!

huntnfool13

Reaction score
Thanks guys, appreciate all the comments! Sorry to hear that Moose.I know from your posts that you also hunt Colorado.We got darn lucky to fill two buck tags the first few days when the weather was so warm.I never saw more than a couple dink 2x2's in the first 5 days of hunting.I'm just glad I went out my last day after we got some snow.The area we hunt is very weather dependent.Now I just have to figure out how I want to mount this bad boy! :JHO rocks:

Reaction score
Congrats. We had the same experience. I was lucky to tag a big 4x4 the second day during our 3rd season hunt but the next 5 were tough. The weather triggered things and we killed 2 more bucks and cow. Those are sell greats bucks. Again. Congrats.

Big Moose

Reaction score
Your buck has a big head to go along with that big body! He will look good on the wall!

There were five of us in camp this year. We had two deer tags and four elk tags and came home with all the tags! First time that's happened. I saw a few small bucks but nothing as big as the ones you guys took. The only elk we saw was a cow and calf that watered at a pond 50 yards from our camp. Funny! Still a good trip.

Congrats again on all your bucks!

Moose

Top Bottom