Colorado early hunt

Loomis

Reaction score
Hello all-
I'm looking for any info on hunting in Northern Colorado for the early season teal hunt, i'll be staying in the Fort Collins area...any info will help thanks....

duck911

Reaction score
Loomis,

Teal in CO may be a little tough if you don't have a chance to scout first.  Luckily, there are plenty of opportunities close to Ft. Collins.  There are literally dozens of State Wildlife Areas within a 2 hour drive of Ft. Collins.  Check out the Colorado Dept. of Wildlife website for detailed information on each one.  Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions!

--Scott (duckslayer) Luallin
duck911@coloradowaterfowl.org
Loveland, CO

DoubleGun

Reaction score
Try Windser, Cobb lakes, or the
simpson or Thompson Ponds. All within 30 min of Fort Collins.

duck911

Reaction score
This is the  first year Cobb will be open.  (it wasn't in the legal area in previous teal seasons)  

Lots of guys know that it's not available and are planning on it.  Close to town, with water = madhouse.  Simpson and Thompson ponds are ILLEGAL.  DO NOT HUNT THERE!  They are not east of Interstate 25.  With all due respect, the "other" Colorado poster is giving you some bad info :)

My advice to you is to head east. The further east the more bluewings.  We had good success last year out past Fort Morgan, and even out towards Sterling and the CO/NE state line.

Good luck,

--Scott (duckslayer) Luallin

Loomis

Reaction score
Thanks for the info we'll probably try away from town...I don't like people creepin in  on my spread?
Hey what about the Platte River?

DoubleGun

Reaction score
Loomis- The "OTHER" colorado poster is absolutely wright about those areas closed for that season. I am sorry for sending off the wrong info. I will give myself a stern talking to.
Enjoy Colorado
DG

Top Bottom