Colorado Prairie Dog Ban

NASA

Reaction score
The ARA's are at it again, this time in CO. They have a proposal before the CO Wildlife Commission to ban PD hunting. It's worded so that it includes ALL small game hunting. If they pull this off in CO, that will encourage them to try banning hunting in other States.

Help us save our sport.
Our petition opposing the ban is now available to sign ON-LINE!! Please, spread the word! Forward the link to the on-line petition to everyone you can think of. Don’t forget to sign it yourself! Please go to http://www.FinsandFurOutdoors.net
Click on "Prairie Dog Petition" in the column on the LH side of the page.

The Commission meets again on May 1st. We need as many signatures as possible before then.
Thank you for your help.

~ NASA

foulshot

Reaction score
NASA, thanks for posting this up. I just got a PM from a local site here in CO. There are several out here pushing this around to get as many people as possible to sign this petition.

If you hunt CO, sign!

NASA

Reaction score
Even if you don't hunt CO, you should sign. Taking away hunting rights in any State poses a threat of the same action in other States. It is dangerous to presume that "It won't happen here!" That's what we used to think here in CO. Then they restricted our mt. lion hunting, then they cut off our trapping, then they banned spring bear hunting, and it goes on and on. Once the animal rights activists get one of their propositions approved, then the camel is in the tent. Sign the on-line petition and show the ARA's you can make a difference.

scr83jp

Reaction score
I signed the petition as a graduate wildlife management biologist I endorse hunting varmints!

foulshot

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hunt Crazy In Ca @ Apr 8 2008, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
where do you sign there is 44 pages to that thing?[/b]
Hunt Crazy, after you click the left button, there is a button above the page numbers that says "sign petition'", follow that one.

NASA, you in CO? If so where?

NASA

Reaction score
Good news! The NRA is on board with us in opposition to the prairie dog hunting ban. http://www.nrahuntersrights.org/

Foulshot, you ain't gonna' believe it. I live in the belly of the dragon. The Peoples Republik of Boulder!

foulshot

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NASA @ Apr 10 2008, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Good news! The NRA is on board with us in opposition to the prairie dog hunting ban. http://www.nrahuntersrights.org/

Foulshot, you ain't gonna' believe it. I live in the belly of the dragon. The Peoples Republik of Boulder!
[/b]
Great News NASA! I saw Ganders post over at coloradowaterfowl also.

As far as Boulder is concerned, well its beautiful, but the people.....and man I hate driving 36 in traffic!

NASA

Reaction score
Our petition topped 1,000 signatures last nite. Now we have to double that! Time is running out as the Commission hearing is May 1st. We need to have all the sigs we can before we show up at the hearing. Keep spreading the word!

Non-residents of CO should not sit back and think, "This doesn't affect ME”, or “It won't happen HERE!" The folks in CO used to think it would never happen to them, and now it has.

Your support will be noticed by the CO Wildlife Commission. Hunters pay their salaries! Out of State hunters are a very important commodity to the State of Colorado. Non-res hunter licenses, fees, tags, food, lodging, guides, outfitters, and equipment, brings in $1.7M in annual revenue. Because you are a Non-Res makes you even more significant than a CO resident like me. Go to our petition web site and just read some of the comments from the signers. You will notice they are from all over the U.S.

Support our grassroots effort!

NASA

Reaction score
We're pulling the petition in just 10 more days. We need to print it out and hand it to the Commissioners on the 1st. I hope a few more members find time to sign it before then. Thanks to all who have signed.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom