• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Colorado Pronghorn Opener

cjack

Loaded up all of the gear and hit the road with the pup today, headed to Colorado for the opening of Archery Pronghorn season. Meet up with the guide Tuesday afternoon in south central Colorado and hit the blind Wednesday morning for a 14 hour sit😴. I will no doubt be updating you all as I should have a connection and will be looking for ways to kill time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dustin ray

Good luck thats a fun hunt if its privet land check F&G for left over doe tags its a good way to double your fun

cjack

Been in the blind for 9 hours and I have had cows at the watering hole for 6 of them.

cjack

Ground blind on a water tank in the wide open plains

Jake F

Nice! The hours of sitting in a blind would drive me crazy though. I don't think I could gave that much patience. Lol

cjack

14 hours a day Jeff and that's without getting out or standing up. Seeing lots of does and two really nice bucks this morning, they just weren't thirsty enough yet. I have a doe bedded down at 100yds right now.

cjack

Any luck yet?
Not yet, thunderstorms and a little misfortune have kept me from any opportunities. The guides moved me yesterday afternoon because they had a wounded buck bedded near me. With all of the commotion they thought it would be best to move me. Well as it turns out 1 hour after that moved me they said a GIANT came to my water tank. Slow today with one day left.

OPAH

Tick Tick tick seconds, muntutes, hours, go by that trophy is just a Tick away CjaK, just a tick away, be ready !

cjack

Okay, so 7 days in the blind, 3 of those days I had to be pulled from the blind due to lightning and heavy showers. Not the best conditions but I do have some good stories and photos to share of my 90+ hours in the blind and 8 nights in the absolute best hunt camp I've ever shared. On the road, I'll post up something when I get home.

Top Bottom