Colusa 11/25/01

Bodie

Reaction score
Headed up to Colusa on Saturday night and put in the lottery.  Got drawn number eleven and was excited about getting on early the next morning.  Showed up aroun 4:30am, got on at 5:30 and headed out to the Northeast corner.  After the long walk with 3 dozen dekes plus a dog stand, I got set up with a buddy of mine.  The wind was blowing a little providing some action in the dekes.  Thought this might turn out to be a good day.  Well, three hours later we had fired zero shots.  There were birds moving, but they were all high.  None seem interested in wanting to come down.

Other then our poor results we did not hear many other shots fired.  Talked to a few people on the  way out and it seemed like most people were getting skunked or had one bird a piece.

Think I might wait awhile before I head out again.  With the hunting being so slow, it's tough to find the motivation to get packed up the night before and wake up super early in the morning.

Jay

Reaction score
Colusa, Colusa, Colusa.

It just drives me nuts to see them half a million birds go sailing over the hunt area at 500 feet and not one of them drop down for a look.  

wildlifedesigner

Reaction score
I ended up with one bull sprig, although there were few birds flying around I had alot decoying in, I just never seen them in time when they were in range. If my partner and I had not split up, I know it would have been a good day.

Spec

Reaction score
Slapped them silly on Saturday and this Wed was even better,never saw so many ducks and geese got my first banded drake mallard Wed and just finished mounting him for my puter room!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom