Combo unit-v-Rangefinder and Bino Seperately

Buckeyes

Reaction score

I am looking to buy a decent pair of binoculars as well as a reasonably priced rangefinder
I am not sure if I should look to get one of thise combination products such as the:

COMBO UNITS:

Bushnell 8x36 Combo($499),
Leupold Wind River RB800 8/32 ($699),
Leica 8x42 Geovid BRF ($1,500 probably more than I can afford to spend without my wife shooting me with the new gun I just purchased),
Leica 10x42 Geovid BRF (1,600 the grandaddy of them all am my dream set-up)

I have also considered buying the bino's and rangefinder seperately and thus far seem to really like the:

BINOCULAR ONLY:

Nikon Monarch ATB Camo 10x40 ($299 really decent optics for a very reasonable price).

RANGEFINDER:
Nikon Laser 600 Buckmaster $261
Bushness yardage Pro 500 $199

What do you think fo the combo eyepieces versus just binoculars and separate rangefinders. This will be my first purchase of binoculars of significant value and I want to spend a reasonable amount and still e happy with the purchase.
Besides the obvious clarity of the bino's and reliability of the rangefinder, several items particularly important to me are durability/good manufacturer warranty, lightweight and waterproof features. Has anyone used the combination products? Soes anyone have any recommendations? What are your suggestions on the above items? Thank you for your input, it is much appreciated

Chuck N. Lead

Reaction score
I have the bushnell yardage pro 800. You can pick them up for about $249.00. It features rain, scan, reflection filter. The readout is visible as you look through the eye piece (some are an LCD readout on the back of the unit wich is an inconvenience.)

I use it as a monocular so I don't have to carry my Bino's. The clarity is only fair so you may opt for some compact bino's.

I thought of the idea of the combination binoculars/range finders. The bushnell seems large and bulky. The wind river is a bit more than I wanted to spend. Good luck!

I purchased the Pentax 10x25 UCFX last year for $125.00. It rated as a Best Buy in last year's issue of Outdoor Life. The contrast and clarity blows away my Leuplold VXII!

BDB

Reaction score
I'd love to have them all in 1 but have never tried any or heard any reviews so I can't help.

I just picked up my Monarch ATB's in 8*42 a mont back and give them a thumbs up for the $238 they cost me

I have the Bushnell Yardage Pro 500. Works great, BUT it is too darn big. If I had to do it again, I would have spent the extra bucks on the Yardage Pro Scout and been much happier with the size and 1 hand operation. Just my

Buckeyes

Reaction score
Thank you. I will certainly keep in mind what you folks have suggested. I also think that several of the rangefinders are overpriced, mor bulky than I would have presumed and somewhat more bells and whistles than I need.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom