Come on opener!

wingbone_2003

Reaction score
[attachment=50723:longbeard2.jpg]Finally got a little time from work to scout,found some bird's in new areas thank's to the fire's!and yes public land CNF!

Attachments

chompot

Reaction score
Man Frank, I wish I could get down that way as much as you do.

jtatarin

Reaction score
man I've been scouting all day today. And about 4 times within the last 3 weeks. Seen a lot of birds but nothing on public land yet. I've been EVERYWHERE in or around Julian Ramona Henshaw etc. At least I've tried my hardest.

dwagoner

Reaction score
love the last one catching him right in the middle of a gobble!! ill be hitting it solo saturday in CNF cus 2 other buddies cant make it, should be nice weather and good hunting. Im sure there will be quite a few threads with some good bird pics

socalgobblerhunter

Reaction score
I been seeing people scouting the closed areas. Is there some thing I dont know cause as far as I knew most of the CNF near julian was on lock down with a large fine if you are caught hunting.

ilovesprig

Reaction score
I talked to an CNF official yesterday and she said, she thought that most, if not all of Cleveland would be open by saturday. There are still no signs saying it's closed. Even Pamo is open, according to her.

socalgobblerhunter

Reaction score
I just called a friend of mine in the descanso district and he stated the closure is still in affect. The map on the USFS website shows the closures. Its really odd that same UFS employees have diferent answers. I think just to save my self from a $5000.00 fine and three years in jail, I will hunt the open areas.

wingbone_2003

Reaction score
all i know is the area around pine hills is open no sign's there might be some still in affect around blk cyn, orosco ridge, lusardi places like that but i was told the same as Steve!

gatorfan

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (socalgobblerhunter @ Mar 26 2008, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just called a friend of mine in the descanso district and he stated the closure is still in affect. The map on the USFS website shows the closures. Its really odd that same UFS employees have diferent answers. I think just to save my self from a $5000.00 fine and three years in jail, I will hunt the open areas.[/b]

Help me out. I went to http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/ and don't see anything that says anything other than the burned areas are closed. Where is this map?

hifi55

Reaction score
Good news,

According to the Palomar Ranger District, the Witch fire closure is being lifted tomorrow.

Apparently they've been getting tons of calls

gatorfan

Reaction score
"San Diego , CA - March 27, 2008…The Cleveland National Forest is pleased to announce the re-opening of the Witch, Poomacha and Harris Fire areas following their closures in response to last October's wildfires. (Please note that the Santiago Fire area on the Trabuco Ranger District will remain closed) The areas of the Forest will re-open Friday, March 28, 2008. The closures were necessary in order to provide for public health and safety, to allow time for the land to re-vegetate, and for forest crews to complete emergency restoration efforts. "We greatly appreciate the public's patience and cooperation while the closures were in effect," said Will Metz, Cleveland National Forest, Forest Supervisor. "Our public lands are important to so many people, and we are happy to re-open the Forest for their use."

and there's a little more on the site.........

sportyg

Reaction score
For all you guys headed out tomorrow good luck have fun and be safe.. I hope to join the fray next week.. Post some stories and pictures.

hifi55

Reaction score
Hey all,

Well I went out yesterday for the opening day and came home empty, not one bird seen or heard. The spot I hunted, that I thought would be absent of other hunters, was swarming. Didn't hear a shot all day, too many people must have kept the birds away. There were plenty of birds there the day before!

Hope some others hunting CNF got lucky.... Lets see them pics!

socalgobblerhunter

Reaction score
Staurday called in 5 jakes, passed them up since I knew of a few big boys in the area but they were all henned up and happy. Saw two of the big bruisers with 7 hens at 2PM. I pissed off a few hens with my calling. I just love hearing hens go crazy. all the loud cutting, raspy yelping, and agresive purrs. One hen decided she did'nt like my deke and opend a can of @*& woop on my poor little Jenny.

Sunday: raine, wind, and cold weather. Not a single peep. Left around 9 am for a hot plate of french toast at denny's in Ramona with my friends. One of my foam dekes ended up taking flight lessons in the high wind.

Monday: TBA

Top Bottom