Come on Wal-Mart

Caninelaw

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe with the publicity they will decide to let them keep it, but, I believe that that is pretty standard with insurance. If you read most policies if you recover for a loss they paid for then they get the money back. Anyway, not that I'm against that lady, actually I do hope they let her keep it but I'm just saying that's the way insurance usually is. Check you policies, they probably say the same whether they be auto, home, medical or what. Something to think about if you're ever in a suit - you should ask to recover for the insurance, attorney fees and then for yourself for future care and/or punitive damages. Had they know, maybe they would have asked for more. I blame the attorney more. He/she didn't ask for attorney fees, apparently that came out of the settlement ($1 million - attorney fees = $417,000!! - That sounds a little fishy right there if you ask me. $583,000 for attorney fees!! Of course, what do I know, I'm not an attorney). I guess the attorney(s) were just worried about getting their part so $1 million was good, (in the attorney(s) eyes), since that was enough to pay them with some left over for this woman.

upperEA

Reaction score
How about the Lawyer giving back a few bucks to help the family????

Ya right!!!!! Like that will happen.

None the less this very well could have had the potential to be a pyrrhic victory for Wally world but I doubt it. It will get little more than some discussion on various internet boards and a few news shows and everyone will feel bad for a minute then continue buying the wares they have to offer like it never happened.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom