Commercial Cam Board Coming Out

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
I called Glolab to see about getting a bulk shipment of fresnel lenses.  The saleman asked what application I was going to use them in and I told him game cams.  Well, he let me in on a little secret.  Glolab is developing a motion sensor board aimed at the game cam market for do it yourselfers like us.  The board will have the PIR sensor, amplifier, a temperature compensated sensitivity adjustment, setable delay between triggers, test led output, and an event counter (I think he said a day and night sensor too).  He said they expect to have it out around summer and are testing it right now.    It will be interesting to see the cost of the board.  My guess will be between 50 and 70 bucks.  They must be reading this message board!

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 That will be to much $ for me.i dont really need all the bells and whistles just pics.

woodsman

Reaction score
I'm with Passthru the price will kill that idea for most of us,The RS pir just went on sale for $9.99 . Any money saved here and there will be used for the next cam HEHE:smile-big-blue:                                                                                                                                       THANKS for the info anyway

(Edited by woodsman at 8:13 pm on Mar. 30, 2002)

Dobler

Reaction score
I have built two cameras with Hamiltoes board and the total price is forty bucks plus shipping.  You still have to do the soldering but if you buy a RS PIR alone it is around 25 bucks and you still have to buy other electronics.  

jayber

Reaction score
If they're going to mass-produce them, they need to sell them for less than $50-70 regardless of the 'bells & whistles'.  Doesn't sound like they're going to offer new technology to justify the cost.  I'll stick to buying cheaper & building my own....

Rooter

Reaction score
Good idea, bad price.  They will sell some to people that don't know any better.

Rooter

Welby

Reaction score
Back in October of 2000, I contacted Glolab about this very same thing.  This was before I discovered that Jesse and all the others already had the cam figured out.  Anyway, this guy sent me a schematic and told me way back then they were going to produce a kit such as this.  Wonder why it took them so long?

He said they had many requests for them, even way back then.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Hope they don't use their design they give out because it will not work half the time.  I had to dig out my old MicroElectronics book and Datasheets to figure out how to fix it.  The circuit oscillates due to the feedback loop problems and requires modification.  It is also dependant on the layout of the board.
Once this is done then just about all the parts from the Maxim to the TS will work.  I gave these changes to Arch and Jaggermax and they confirmed that it seemed to stabilize their circuits.  This may be their hold up in getting it out.  Who knows?

Steiner

Reaction score
Brian,
I have built a few systems using their circuit and they seem to be working.  However, I would be very interested in knowing what modifications you would suggest that would stabalize the circuit.  Thanks.....

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
I can give you the changes.  I will have to look them up again.
I built several before I ran into trouble.  The cheaper parts seem to increase the likely hood of the problems.

If I can't find them I will email you a new version.

Top Bottom