Commercial Cams & Heat

Cabin Fever Bob

Reaction score
Just wondering if the commercial cams have the same issues with false pics as the home brews during times of high heat? I've normally been getting 1 -3 false pics on each roll(24) but my latest roll had ~15. This time while the cam was out the heat index, between temp and humidity, was 105-110 degrees for a couple of days. The cam was in the shade and I thought it would remain cool enough but I guess not. But high heat or not, I had a nice buck come by at 1:30pm on July 4th though!

TmKarren

Reaction score
Sorry I don't know, but I too often wondered about this.  Good question..

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
I have a Buckshot 35 RTV.  If the temp is above 85 degrees it will hardly pic up motion.  If the temp is above 90 degrees I might as well leave it at the house.  Otherwise, it has worked pretty well.  I have one of my homebrew cams out now for 5 weeks.  It is in a very shaded creek bottom.  Going to pick it up this Saturday.  Temps have been in the upper 90 s here.  Will let you know how many false pics I got.

davered1

Reaction score
How do you leave it for 5 weeks? I can hardly make 3 days.let me know I could save a bundle in gas

Dave

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
It's about an hour and a half drive to our property.  We go down about every 4-5 weeks to keep our shooting lanes clean.  The summer is very busy with family and "honey-do" lists that I'm pretty busy.  Plus, I try to stick around as much as possible in the summer so nothing is said when I'm gone during hunting season!

shufigo

Reaction score
I've got a DC-100 out along with my homebrews. Hate to sound like a heretic, but I honestly have fewer problems with the DC 100.  It's just as sensitive to pointing into the sun, but seems less sensitive false heat shifts and shadow movement.

Gumboyaya

Reaction score
a freind of mine was just complaining to me this weekend about his camtracker taking false pics. his last twol rolls were all pics of nothing but the trees. its been really hot here in so. louisiana.

i had two of my homebrew out during the same time (in the same woods) and i had no false pics and several good pics of my first bears. also had a good buck in velvet!
gumbo

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Gumbo,

I didn't know Louisiana had any bears anymore, how populated are they?

Tinhorn

Gumboyaya

Reaction score
they are nearly extinct. the national wildlife refuge that i hunt is mainly in existence to try to bring the black bear back. the federal agents are always monitoring the bears and look out for their protection. they would bury you in jail if you killed one, of course they don't like you killing the rattlesnakes either.
gumbo

Top Bottom