Condensation Outside the camera

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Went and checked on one my cams the other morning and there was a lot of dew on the ground,bush's tree's, ect.

When I got to my cam it was soaked as well. The flash hole and lense hole were covered with water. Luckily the inside was dry.

Question is, what can I do to prevent dew from staying on the lense/flash glass? Any idea's?

The afternoon sun dry's it off but if Mr big comes by in the morning the pic will look like crap. if it comes out at all.

Possum

Reaction score
Try the stuff from an automotive store for windshields - RainX I think it is called.  It might work well.

StringShooter

Reaction score
What I did was put my lenses on the outside of the case. That prevents any moisture from entering the case and damaging any internal componants. I seal it and all dew or rain drips on the outside.

The lenses on the outside also allows the flash to push up closer and not sit as far back. If you look at the Owl PF, the flash unit does not sit as far forward as the shutter. The flash is angled back a bit.

A small hood or cover may prevent the dew from forming on the glass. Just like parking your car under a car port, it doesn't get wet.

Top Bottom