Conservatives Really Are More Compassionate

gwhunter69

Reaction score
Conservatives Really Are More Compassionate
By George Will
Thursday, March 27, 2008

WASHINGTON -- Residents of Austin, Texas, home of the state's government and flagship university, have very refined social consciences, if they do say so themselves, and they do say so, speaking via bumper stickers. Don R. Willett, a justice of the state Supreme Court, has commuted behind bumpers proclaiming "Better a Bleeding Heart Than None at All," "Practice Random Acts of Kindness and Senseless Beauty," "The Moral High Ground Is Built on Compassion," "Arms Are For Hugging," "Will Work (When the Jobs Come Back From India)," "Jesus Is a Liberal," "God Wants Spiritual Fruits, Not Religious Nuts," "The Road to Hell Is Paved With Republicans," "Republicans Are People Too -- Mean, Selfish, Greedy People" and so on. But Willett thinks Austin subverts a stereotype: "The belief that liberals care more about the poor may scratch a partisan or ideological itch, but the facts are hostile witnesses."

LINK

easymoney

Reaction score
I also heard some stats on wed that stated conservatives make 4 times the charitable donations as liberals...
My second favorite bumper sticker is "actions speak louder than bumper stickers" and that is right after "stop global whining"...

swampy tim

Reaction score
It comes as no suprise to me; dems (who make up the vast majority of liberals) have no problem spending other peoples money but seem loath to part with there own. As far as they are concerned a liberal run government IS the charity and there work is collect the "donations". My favorite bumper sticker was " It takes a school to wreck a village" ( here in NH, schools are funded exclusivly by property tax and the state lotery, we don't have income or sales tax). It seems that every time they want school improvements it's always for the adults and not for education..... S/T

gwhunter69

Reaction score
I heard some talk show host talking about the Obamas' tax returns that they released a short while ago. One year he made almost $2 million and gave away $11,000 to charity. Geez, what a cheapsake. I make less than 4% of what he makes and gave about the same amount to charity. AND who can forget the Clintons donating Bill's used underwear and taking some ridiculously high tax deduction?

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom