Continueing Tradition: New Year's Day Lobster Dive

asaxon

Reaction score
A,J,B.2 (1024x881).jpg

Last year I forgot to make this annual post so I “owe” JHO one to continue our posting of the New Year Day dive.

This year we continued the tradition and did our “New Year’s Day” lobster dive but like the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl, we did it on Jan 2 while everyone is watching TV. The air was a cool 59F, just about the temperature of the surface water while the temp was 54F at 60 feet deep. The vis was surprising good at 15+ feet and fortunately, the lobsters were still hung over from New Year’s eve which made the easier to catch plus they were starting to bunch up as the molt is mainly over and they are getting ready to breed in the next couple of months. Happy New Year to all you JHO types and may you have a good day every day...

AS

A & J.2 (2) (1024x680).jpg

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
What a great way to start the year, Enjoy

KTKT70

Reaction score
Good stuff Andy. Glad to see you out doing your thing. Always nice to see your post. Congrats on the bugs. Hope you have a great year buddy.

cjack

Reaction score
Keeping up the traditions is what it's all about. Looks like another great New Years Day. Well done and Happy New Year Andy!

asaxon

Reaction score
Nice to hear from my JHO friends. We have had to "cut down" on the hunting/fishing until we get some of the food out of the freezer but I'm allowed to bring home lobster. Hope to get out for turkeys in the Spring as they don't take much space but no pigs etc for a while. The Admiral and I have a wedding of a "cousy bro" back in New Zealand this May so we will definitely do the night spotting out of the pickup to shoot woolly possums as that is the Admiral's Favorite. Kill those Aussie invaders...

BEST to Jesse and all the good JHO folks (and even Where's Bruce)

Advertisement

Top Bottom