Converting a P41 to external power?

NEMOdeerhunter

Reaction score
I want to convert my P41 to external batteries. I saw somewhere that someone used wooden dowels the same size as AA batteries and had wires running down them to the battery contacts and then the wires ran outside to your external source. I cant find that now but it looked like it would work, I was just curious if anybody else has tried anything else. Also Im not really sure what battery to use. My rechargable AAs say they are 1.25v so they would have an output of 2.5v, a C battery says 1.5v so I would get 3v out of them which I wouldnt think would be to much would it? Also I thought about having 2 AAs parallel connected and then connecting them in series with another 2 AAs in parallel. Any help would be appreciated on this because Im not really sure what to do. Thanks

Dead Deer Walking

Reaction score
You can use the fake dowels, or you can tap into the cameras internal battery contacts by soldering lead wires or a 2 wire seervo and attach external batteries that way. Just make sure you run them parallel. The P41 is a 3 volt camera. Alkaline batteries (AA, C, D......) are 1.5 volts. The rechargables are 1.2 volts and either are fine.

NEMOdeerhunter

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, I decided to tap into the camera itself. I soldered wire to each of the 2 battery contacts down inside the camera and now I can hook them up to my external batteries right? If I use 2 C or 2 D batteries, should I run them in series to get my total of 3v?

Dead Deer Walking

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NEMOdeerhunter @ Dec 9 2006, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks for the help, I decided to tap into the camera itself. I soldered wire to each of the 2 battery contacts down inside the camera and now I can hook them up to my external batteries right? If I use 2 C or 2 D batteries, should I run them in series to get my total of 3v?[/b]
Yep, right again

Latest Posts

Top Bottom