Cool New Digital Game Cam

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
I got the new cabelas catalog today and on page 290 they have a neat little digital game camera.  Check it out on Cabelas website.  It is a black and white digital camera with an infared LED "spotlight" array to take pictures in total darkness.  It stores 60 low resolution pictures and you can view them through an optional monitor.  Kind on interesting, however, I doesn't have the resolution to spark my interest to buy it.  

Richard Webb

Reaction score
When I was over visiting with my family last week I mentioned my new trail cam hobby, and they were quick to tell me about last weeks Network News story with possible legislation outlawing those type of cameras.  I don't know whether it was State or Federal?  Did anyone else hear about it?

gizz

Reaction score
I sure would like to read it.
They'd have a hard time passing something like that!
And I guess I'd have to break the law if they did cause these aren't all getting thrown out.

Strutter

Reaction score
Here's a new twist for the cams.  Here in KY the state is using something similar on rural county roads to catch people that are dumping garbage illegally.  Seems to be having some effect.

Strutter

homer

Reaction score
I guess its just a matter of time before the goverment starts regulating are cameras too.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
The camera ban may have something to do with invasion of privacy in public areas. Here in California it used to be legal to video someone but not record audio. After a bunch of perverts were caught at the beach and Disneyland with hidden camcorders lookling up womens dresses they passed a law here making it illegal.

I would think it would only be on public land and not private land. Another angle could be that the flash is considered harrassment off the animals, which technically it is under some state game laws. I mean, look what Tinhorn does to them poor unsuspecting animals, he lures them up real close, gets them to open their mouths and then POOF!!

Richard Webb

Reaction score
What the heck...for that kind of money even I can afford one.  I like the Nature Game Vu Digital, but rather than waste $100 on the monitor us guys with a Ham Radio License should get the Kenwood hand held slow scan television:

http://www.kenwood.net/products/index.cfm?...ateur&ID=51

Sorry about the long URL.

(Edited by Richard Webb at 11:48 pm on June 9, 2001)

Top Bottom