corona lake

Sky Buster

Reaction score
i fished corona lake on thursday....  i guess you could say i was getting kinda desperate to pay $16 for a couple of fish, but it was still fun.  ive only fished there two other times before.  last summer i went catfishing there and caught a 8 pounder, and a couple of rats.  and this time last year i caught a 12 lb. rainbow.  wasnt so great this time.  ended up with three 1-2 lbrs.  but it was still a blast.  got to break in my new g.loomis ultra light that i got for christmas..

colby18

Reaction score
sky buster,
where is corona lake and why do you have to pay $16 to fish there?  is it privately stocked?

Sky Buster

Reaction score
corona lake is just past corona off the 15S.  you get off of indian truck trail or something like that and turn left...  its a small private lake that is stocked with thousands of pounds of fish.  they stock it every week.  you dont need a fishing liscence or anything.  but the fishing is good pretty much all of the time.  if you get skunked, then more than likely it was you, not the fish.  but the best way to fish it is from a boat trolling lures or mini jigs, but shore fishing with power bait can be just as rewarding.  it just depends what you want to do.  ive only been 3 times in 2 years, and done very well all 3 times.  oh yeah, if you go...try not to go on a weekend... you'll catch more lines than you will fish... but the lake has trout, bass, crappie, catfish, and sturgeon.  i only fish the trout and catfish, but i heard that the bass and crappie is pretty good too.

Brian S

Reaction score
Sky Buster,
  You forgot to mention red ants. I went there for the first time last spring and went down toward the south end of lake and an ant free shore was no where to be found. Not just a few mounds here and there but the sand was half red and half sand. I ended up getting a boat and my son caught his first fish. When you fished from the shore were you on the north end of the lake. That seemed to be where most people were the day I was there.
Brian

Sky Buster

Reaction score
Brian,
when i fish there, i try to stay as close a possible to the dam.  that is where the majority of the trout are caught, but it is also where the majority of the people go too.  well, i havent had any problems with the ants out there yet.  either they fixed the problem, or theyre just not there anymore.  the best way to catch fish there is to troll mini jigs or roostertails around the dam area.  i dont think ive ever heard of anyone getting skunked that way.  plus thats what the big boys like...lures, not power bait.  but if all else fails(or you dont have a boat like me)... the shore will do just fine.  the key is to try alot of different things, cause once you find what they like...you'll be having a great day...

sportyg

Reaction score
You all must make the big money (LOL).. I went there last year saw the price turned around and departed... However from what I read they do stock some big fish in there...

Top Bottom