1 lb coffee $20

water one bottle free with every purchase

--soon to be hot items--
gas
propane
camp stoves

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
Has anyone had a family member get tested yet? My son's wife was sick for about 10 days before they tested her. She has the flu. They tested her because of where she works and the people that she deals with on a daily basis. Now 3 of the 4 family members in that house have the flu. Apparently it is slightly different than the most common flu out there right now. She has to get the flu shot every year because of where she works in the medical field but she still got a flu bug this year.

As far as how crazy is this area, my wife does all of the shopping and she is amazed that there is such a shortage of toilet paper and disinfectants. We might be considered preppers since we have always had enough food and supplies to last weeks and weeks. I doubt we would have to go to a store for 60 days or more if we wanted to just eat what we have in the pantry and freezers. Milk and fresh vegetables are about the only things we would run out of. I even have enough ammo and fishing lures to help with our survival. I guess if I had to I could harvest a couple of turkeys from my lawn. Season starts soon.

Last edited:

muskeg

Reaction score
I guess if I had to I could harvest a couple of turkeys from my lawn.
Ha Ha ..... I can see it now ... "but officer, I'm old and have issues, I have quarantined myself for months and needed some food."

P304X4

Reaction score
Getting to be the same here in MO as far as panic buying goes. Had one issue with two family members breaking quarantine to attend a father daughter dance. The rented guest room is now closed for a complete scrub down and the school closed for a couple of days. I hope the daddy is put on the hook for all the expenses. Emergency rooms are starting to back up with anyone who has a cough. I hope the CDC finds a vaccine for this soon before it gets any crazier.

FTTPOW

Reaction score
For trade: 3 rolls of 2-ply toilet paper and 1 16 oz. can of Lysol for a '68 Chevy Chevelle SS.

Limited Out

Reaction score
I was wondering what everyone else is seeing. I my community it looks like maybe 10% of the businesses are closed. Barber shops are open, nail salons, even roadside fruit vendors, open for business. I don't think folks are to concerned.

ltdann

Reaction score
I can't really see much difference from last week. I did notice people are keeping their distance and are subdued

BIGCIM

Reaction score
I've noticed most of the homeless are gone off the streets in downtown and Hollywood in the mornings. Its no longer as easy for them to get handouts as people are being a little less generous. I read that they opened more shelters for the homeless over the last month.

This has me worried. A lot of homeless in LA have fried brains. If you have them sleeping together in shelters this helps infect more people quicker. Brain dead homeless travel everywhere during the day scavenging, potentially spreading the virus. Also as food and panhandling get more scarce for the homeless crime will rise.

Hospitals will then fill with sick homeless seeking free room and board and not have beds left for others who are sick.

Also I may be worrying for nothing. ;)

P304X4

Reaction score
People are now told to shelter in place in St. Louis Co and city. Only essential stores and services allowed to be open, food stores, drug stores, gas stations and the like. Some eateries are still open but only for drive through or take out, no dining in. Schools are closed and offering on line learning only. Oddly enough people are grabbing/hording paper products and cleaning supplies but there are food supplies available. Most who panic don't know how to prioritize what to stock up on. Toilet paper is a priority but you can't eat it. Only groups of ten or less allowed to gather. I'm still praying we find a vaccine soon!

ltdann

Reaction score
Pretty much the same in socal. We'll get through it. Lot of smart people working on a vaccine, but it'll take a bit.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
News showed people all over the beaches here Sunday so now all the parking lots are closed at the state beaches. Huntington beach shut theirs.

Meanwhile my idiot neighbors had a party, the frat house across from me is party on like usual. This dumbassery brought us a stay at home order and next is a curfew. The NG was activated yesterday. San Jose has PD roadblocks up. LA county sheriff closed all their gun shops, non essential the gun grabbing cop said. SMH. Our county sheriff is pro 2A and CCW so hopefully we wont see that here.

Im not a big fan of NY Governor Cuomo's politics but it is fun as hell watching him yell at idiots that wont stay home. Hes being the leader he needs to be now.

LA mayor garcetti on the other hand is telling everyone to love each other and singing kumbaya. LA has no plan if this jumps to the homeless.

be_like_this_piggy.jpg

Limited Out

Reaction score
Worked on building up the ammo inventory again yesterday. Just in case the stupider get stupider when they come to the realization that this ain't no HOAX.

Top Bottom