Cottonwood Ck. W.A next weekend

outdoorsman

Reaction score
Two other buddies and I were drawn for Cottonwood next weekend. We'll be there Friday to chat with F & G , maybe get a little last minute info. Anyone else get drawn and planning on going?.....................Erich.

Buck Hunter Vic

Reaction score
Yes,I'll be up there to,looking for a shooter,there a couple running around,that i couldn't sneak up on,during bow,but now the ball should be in our court.Good luck to you both.

Cahunter

Reaction score
is it only opening weekend that you have to draw. I was thinking about hunting up there during the middle of the week, not as crowded. GOod luck next weekend.

outdoorsman

Reaction score
Cahunter...........Yes only openning weekend is a draw/permit. Starting Monday anyone can hunt there. 2 years ago 3 bucks were taken during the first "weekdays" of the season. Slyone2no........Good luck to you too. Erich.

Buck Hunter Vic

Reaction score
TY Erich,and I wish you guy's alot of luck to.Hey what part of Cottnwood will you be hunting.May see you there, Slyone2no or Vic

outdoorsman

Reaction score
Vic................We'll be going in from the top by Dinosaur Pt. turn off. How about you guys?

Cahunter

Reaction score
thats the best way to go in outdoor. You are already at the top of those ridges and can just walk to the back. CAn you hunt pigs there? I might go in during the week if it cools off.

outdoorsman

Reaction score
Ca..............Last year we saw a little pig sign on opening morning and through out the weekends after. We did get into a small group, could smell and hear them but never took a shot. Talked to a guy later in the season that had taken a nice boar. In 1999 my buddy pushed a big boar out in front of us. He had dropped down to cross over to the other side of the draw. I sat above to see if anything came out. A black boar ,the size of a small cow with short legs, came running out. Took a shot but my reloads were a litttle high, second round jammed as he ran over the hill. Every year I say i'm going to go back when it cools down. Damn ducks keep side tracking me though. Got a little info. from a publisher/producer that I may try this year. If you or anyone else would like to hook up later when it cools down i'd be happy to meet up and share what i've seen and know.
.........Erich.

Cahunter

Reaction score
That would be cool to hook up in a week or 2, Iam going to head out there, or at least try, in a week or so. Let me know how you do opening weekend. One thing do you park at Dino point and cross the street or do you just park at that fence and go in, you know where the old parking lot used to be.

One more thing one of the biggest blacktails I've ever seen was shot in cottenwood. It had to be a least 22" wide 4x4. Good luck this weekend.

outdoorsman

Reaction score
Ca............We usually park just past the Dino Pt. turn off on the east-bound side. There is a little turn out by an elevation sign I think, just as the road starts down hill. Cross over , then follow the fence line east to the openning. stay off the private property though. They patrol that sometimes and F & G was watching there last year. Just watch the traffic, may take a while to get back across in the daylight....................E.

Buck Hunter Vic

Reaction score
Hey Erich,that's were I'll be to,and it is the best way tho get into Cottonwood.See you there.

randy m

Reaction score
there are no pigs or deer in cottonwood creek
good luck to everyone going and i'll see you in there starting monday evening.

Cahunter

Reaction score
thats right now deer at all. I like the way you think. After the open maybe we should all meet and go in during the week sometime. I see that Iam not the only one from Gilroy anymore.

outdoorsman

Reaction score
Vic.........We'll be going in a little earlier but i'll have my radio on. Hand helds on ch. 1 . Give us a holler during the day if you get a chance. We'll be driving the blk. 4x4 chevy. Weather has been foggy in the AM on top with a little breeze. Be nice if that pattern holds for Sat......................E.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom