Couldn't believe what I read!

Common Sense

Reaction score
Thought I was dreaming, but I really did read this in a summary of CA fishing regulations printed by the DFG: Yearly license cost for resident citizen: $2.00; for citizen non-resident $3.00; and for non-citizen $5.00. Of course, I was reading a booklet printed in 1947. I wonder if illegal (or even legal) aliens who are CA residents still have to pay two and a half times more than I have to pay? Anyone know, and if not, why not? Citizenship should have advantages.

easymoney

Reaction score
A friends father says that he used to get a combo hunting and fishing lic. for $1.00 in the 30's.
No tags, no campground fees, no adventure pass, just a couple of 18 year old guys throwing their sleeping bags, fishing gear and guns in the model A and driving over to the Sierras and staying for a couple weeks.

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
I don't believe Osborne Russell paid anything at all and he fished in Yellowstone.

Common Sense

Reaction score
I got no problem with the cost of a CA fishing license. My complaint is with the "citizenship" part. In 1947 my granddad had been in CA for three or four years since leaving his home state of Oklahoma. His neighbor had lived in California since his parents smuggled him in from Mexico 50 years earlier. Since granddad was a "citizen" he only had to pay $2.00. Even though the illegal alien had been living here over 50 years his license cost $5.00. In 1947 you had to sign saying you were a citizen and had lived in CA for over six months. Now you only have to say you have lived in CA for six months --- citizenship no longer has its privileges. It just ain't right!

Top Bottom