Couldn't stand the wait.....

Arrowhead

Reaction score
First off, thanks again for all the help. I have been fired up about this camera. Second I couldn't stand the wait any longer. I went out today and checked my camera as I approached the tree I swore the thing was missing, oop's wrong tree. Much to my relief there it was. 7 pics on the counter......I couldn't stand it. Since this was the first roll of film I took it out and trucked on over to Wal-mart, snap fish is going to have to wait for the next roll.

Anyway, of the seven pics three have deer.

I have them re-loaded.

There are two copies of each pic, I zoomed in with my scanner and cut the pics size for the second one of each.

Two things I did wrong. I forgot to set the date code on the camera (and in my excitement I forgot it again) and I think I had the camera a little low. The area I placed the camera in is a magnet area early in the season. The deer love that grass they are standing in. It's located about 50 yards from a stand. I am not going back for two weeks.

Beginners luck was with me......

Jerry

(Edited by Arrowhead at 7:55 pm on Aug. 10, 2001)

Gun Docc

Reaction score
Great pics Arrowhead,

it's addictive ain't it.....hehehe
next thing you know you will have to build yourself another camera unit so you can have more chances at getting those pics....lol

seems that every roll i take to have developed i just can't wait to see them myself .then i get to the photo lab and the film developer says , '' how did you get those deer on film up so close''   .
then you know you done good.....hehehe

told one lady that i just sat out in the woods with my camera in full camo taking pics. then she said '' you must be good''.....hehehe

looks like you got your camera hanging in a good place too so keep them photo's coming.

have fun,

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Great pics Arrowhead.

I tried to change your pic addresses to links so people wouldn't have to copy and paste but Geocities won't allow the links to work.

I've never been able to sit on a roll of film either once I retrieve it. Don't ever get between me and the 1 hour photo after I check a camera.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Gun Docc >> Thanks. It is very addictive. If I could find some more Owls around here I'd be working on them already.

Jesse >> Thanks. I was going to link them but I know geocities doesn't work that way. So I just figured it's easy to open a second browser and paste addy.

Jon Bain

Reaction score
Good pictures.  Do you know if your flash is going off?  I didn't notice a big reflection in the deers eyes.  I like it without the reflected flash from the deers eyes.

gizz

Reaction score
Nice Pics Arrowhead. I really like the angle of your cam. That's about the same process I took on my first roll. Wrong date/time and incomplete roll. I'd say your right on schedule!

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Thanks for looking. This is cool stuff.

Jon >> flash is on full time. I think having the camera too low washed the flash out on the grass. There were two night shots taken with no sign of any game in them.

Gizz >> Thanks for the compliment.

One thing I noticed from these and other pics is how even though the camerea isn't moving because of the position of the sunlight, different things show up in each picture. You see branches in some that the light hits differently.

Top Bottom