Countdown to success

bikehike

Reaction score
Well I received my PFs yesterday and started right off modifying the camera. I thought I had success when I put it all togther but i didn't work correctly. So I took it apart again and noticed that the #4 contact with wire was shorting. So I tried to fix it and guess what, I broke the stinking copper trace. I took it to my local tv repair guy and thank god he was able to fix it, Phew. I glued in the filters in the box last night and now I'm ready to put everything together. I can't wait to get that baby out there.Thanks everybody for your posts, It really helps.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
BikeHike

1st, I don't believe I welcomed you to the Forum, Welcome!

2nd, I did some experimenting awhile back and found out Pin 4 is connected to the Camera "On/OFf" switch that's activated by the camera Lens Cover.  You won't have any trouble seeing this set of contacts when you look at.

If the repair gives you some trouble, take off the cam cover again and connect the Pin 4 wire to the contact closest to the Lens.

Wish I could find out where pins 5 & 7 end up, others (and someday, me) have broke off these traces too.

Tinhorn

bikehike

Reaction score
Tinhorn, Thank you for the welcome and the advice. I just soldered a wire from where I broke it to a pod on the circut that I traced from contact #4. This seems to work. I have the camera out in my back yard right now and I'm hoping that I will have some pictures soon. I will need to bring it sometime and do some modifications to it. Like a window so I can see how many pictures have been taken and put a switch on the power source. I'm going to wait until Sunday before I check for pictures. Thanks and Have a Great Holiday.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom