Counter connection to PicController Boards

all4abuck

Reaction score
Is there a place I can hook up my Pedometer based counter with Opto isolator or diod to the RSP/LANC/RSS PixController boards?

I like to have a event counter readout, visible from outside of the box, so I can get an idea if need to open up the box to remove media/film or not, and whether if I have missed any events.

Thanks in advance.

Fred Bear

Reaction score
that is something that I would like. A counter that can be read from the outside of the box. Anyone got any ideas?

bowhtr1

Reaction score
I want a event counter on my camera also. I have the pixcontroller RSS and would like to add a counter to it. I am making two with the Owl PF's. I asked Bill about it and he told me that you could connect one to the shutter port, J1 pins 1&2. This is a pull ground when the shutter event happens. I dont know this I am just typing his response, I have no idea what this means but I can make the connections. I wrote back and asked if I could use the extra flash port since I dont need it for the Owl pf. He said that can be made to work that way but the flash port is only active at night but could be made to work all the time and trigger your counter. Has anyone out there done this, if so how? What is the easiest to do. Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom