Couple more bears

davered1

Reaction score
 Developed this roll today the boar might not be to bad.

<font size="6">SOW</font>

<font size="6">BOAR</font>

MBullism

Reaction score
Nice pics, davered!

I really like pics of animals I don't have near me...How'd you pic that spot? Is it near bait?

woodsman

Reaction score
Nice pics I'm so glad we dont have to worry about bears here:shocked-big-eyes:

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Nice pics! That bore looks like it would go in the book. Beautiful spot also.

davered1

Reaction score
Mbullism,

I am just going to fields and slide paths that have held bears for years around here.

No bait , just a little molasses in the tree !!

(Edited by davered1 at 1:25 pm on May 23, 2002)

JoelM

Reaction score
I am going to ask the question I know you will think is stupid. How do you tell a sow from a boar?

lol without getting up close and personal : )

No bears around here. AS far as I know anyway!!!

vman

Reaction score
Man Im jealous.  Your not looking for a new hunting pal are ya?  That is a nice boar.  I missed one in Minnesota like that a few years back.  Is that public ground or private?  Anyway nice pics.

davered1

Reaction score
Joelm,

It ain't easy tellling them apart especially from any distance. If you look at my last couple posts the boar profile from the side and front you can see he kind of has a different face structure(kinda like a shovel face) than the sow does. Older mature boars also get that hump on their shoulders where it is not as noticeable on the sows.

tough to explain, I was looking for some pictures to help but can't find and good side profiles of sows.

vman,

This is private land ,but those trees in the distance are the end of it so it's not much of a problem(I'm allowed here anyways). We don't have huge tracts of private here most is public!!

Idaelk

Reaction score
Thanks for inspiring me with those nice pics. I am bear baiting this year here in Idaho and am excited to buy and try out a trail cam on my bears.I guess I better put it in a metal box so it does'nt get munched. Please post any other bear pics you get.Oh and what kind of trail cam was that? Those were nice and clear.

davered1

Reaction score
camera is the old style AF(slide switch) MS20 with a 3/4 inch hole for lens and enclosed in a GSI LEXAN container. It seems those bears cannot bite through them they have tried numerous times but I think they tire of it easilly.

Have a roll getting developed right now(could have built a house out of the "PILE" left for me)

:smiley-thumbs-up:

Idaelk

Reaction score
Davered1, what speed film are you useing on those bears? Do you get many shots of them at night? What types of timer delays do you find useful for bears?

davered1

Reaction score
Idaelk,

I am running 400 spd film (ALWAYS). Most pics of bears seem to be in the day have only got a couple so far of them at night. I am jut using a 1 min delay right now. Ther are a couple of grizzly walking around and if they come by I want to get multiple pictures of them.

Dave

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom