Couple of Deer Questions for CA Hunters

jryoung

Reaction score
I've got a couple of dumb questions for deer hunting in CA. I wasn't planning on putting in for a tag this year, but I was out foraging for mushrooms this year and saw a ton of sign in what would be D5. Since D5 (or 3 or 4 for the matter) is not preferred, can I buy a tag at anytime? Also, can I buy a second tag at anytime?

I grew up hunting in WA an it was either, buy a western WA tag, or an eastern WA tag. These rules seems a bit more complicated and I don't want to do anything stupid.

Speaking of doing anything stupid, does CA have a blaze orange requirement? I know there is a lot of hunting on private land so I see mostly camo, but see some hunters wearing some sort of blaze hat.

Thanks.

Marty

Reaction score
If it is not a premium tag draw, then you may purchase a tag at any time - provided one is available (ie. the tags are not sold out). Be sure of the zone boundaries you are hunting in.

CA does not have a blaze orange requirement. However, that does not mean that you shouldn't wear blaze orange clothing. It is highly recommended.

don766

Reaction score
With the D5 tag you get zones D3, and D4 also

REM3006

Reaction score
I suggest you logon to California Fish & Game web site. Read about California hunting and start from there. Don't rely on what you hear from "seasoned hunter" they might give you wrong information. Just my opinion.
:welcome sign:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom