Couple of Hummer Pix's

Tinhorn

Reaction score
After I seen Davered1's Cam eating Bear Pix's, I thought I'd post these Ferocious Pix's of man killer birds that exist down in the states:

Bat sent me this pix of a Hummer his cam took, was this "Automatically Taken" by your Cam Bat?

I Bravely stood by the feeder with an Owl PF and snapped a pix Manually

Tinhorn

Bat Hummer

Tinhorn

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Now that would be a real sensitive sensor. That is a neat pic. Thanks for sharing. MC.

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
When I saw the Subject to this topic I was begining to second guess whether to open it or not.  

Cool pic.  I thought of doing this at my mom's house.  We sit over there and watch them dive bomb each other.  

Todd

(Edited by ToddP at 9:21 am on June 25, 2002)

coyotebandit

Reaction score
Looks like one of this pics right off the side of the feeder box. Maybe you have a new career ahead of you, I can see it now.....Photo by Tinhorn.

Good pics, it's nice to see a variety of critters.

Good Ole Boy

Reaction score
dang , ... I was expecting one of them pern'a'graphy things I hear about all the time. I'm a "white tail" hunter :) ............. maybe I should change my name to Dirty Old Man

Archilochus

Reaction score
Arrrggghhh - I been trying to get my trail-cams to take a good pic of an H-bird for soooo long now!  I'm trying to work out a plan to catch one on film without the feeder in the pic - for that "natural" look :)

One of these days I'll have to scan & post the only half-way, sort of OK hummingbird pic I have ....

Archilochus

bat

Reaction score
Tinhorn,
 Thanks man, lol, yeah I used the method we had talked about one time before in another post of using aux. wire to go to another cam to take two pictures with the same Pir sensor.  Yeah I used the manual trigger to get the picture, that bird is a little small for the sensor to pick up.  That "ferocious critter" like to have took my head off when he came in to the feeder one time when I was just holding the camera at "ready" next to the porch post lol.  Hey guys if you don't know what Peanuts look like that a patch of them in the background.  If you look behind the field I saw my neighbor nearly hit a deer that ran out of the field right next to that light pole.  BTW Tin..your picture is what I'm after great color in yours.  I'm trying now with the flash off....he "doesn't like the flash at all".  heck he was at least 3 feet from the camera wouldn't think it would bother him, hehe.  bat

Arrowhead

Reaction score
You guys gotta stop taking such risks in getting these pic's.

Next thing you know ole Davered1 will be strapping himself to a tree to get bear pictures.

He'll be telling his friends "Hey Ya'll watch this"......

Bat & Tin >> Neat pictures.

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
LMAO !!!!!
Good one Arrow head.... but shhhhhhh, careful what you say... Dont give Dave any Ideas!!!!!

By the way.... it's threads like this one that make JHP such a great site.....
goin back tolurk mode now....

MBullism

Reaction score
LOL, tinhorn!  I too was duped by your posts title...  I love those little guys!  I do all the food making, feeder cleaning etc etc, then spend most of the day elsewhere and don't get to see 'em much.  Saturday mornings I could watch them for an hour...

Thanks guys-

woodsman

Reaction score
Nice pics Tinhorn,bat
I was hoping to see something, well never mind cool pics

bat

Reaction score
Thanks guys,
 We thought you would like a little variety in your diet of "WILD CREATURES"  lol.  
Tinhorn I'm still jealous of you getting one with all the color showing...man that is one pretty little bird.  Maybe I can get one with my flash off.  Hey but I did get him with his wings stretched out.  Anybody know how fast that thing can fly?  Maybe 120mph lol.

TmKarren

Reaction score
Cool picture I also was wondering if I should look at what the pictures were about.  

StringShooter

Reaction score
Nice pics Tin! I have a problem attracting the birds or I would give it a try . I would love to get a suspended shot and frame it for the wall on the sun porch.

I framed a fawn pic from last year and it turned out really great.

Archilochus

Reaction score
After defying death among the vicious fuschias and other man-eating flora - I was able to get this dangerous beast on film!

This recent pic was taken using an active IR sensor and a trail-cam equipped with Brians advanced 'multi-function' timer board.
It's a juvenile (first Spring??) male ruby-throat.  Don't want to think about how much film was spent to get the cam to take a half-way decent picture of this guy! - Heavily diddled with PhotoShop!
Still looking to get a pic without the feeder and a "natural" background.  Might have to move up to an SLR cam to get a good shot.

Archilochus

(Edited by Archilochus at 6:13 am on June 29, 2002)

davered1

Reaction score
Thats a nice pic ARCH, did he flip the switch to Cam himself? HE's close!!

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi davered,
Yup, he tripped the cam - but it wasn't a PIR sensor - it was an active IR "break beam" setup that I've been fiddling with for the last couple Summers to try and catch an H-bird automatically.  Could have saved some time by just standing out in the garden with a camera - but that wouldn't be a challenge :))
He wasn't so close-up in the original pic - I had to enhance & crop the pic quite a bit.

Archilochus

Top Bottom