COUPLE OF NEWEST PICS

Bob R

Reaction score
Well, I can see that you left a few of them in the woods, anyway.  Don't know about down south, but up here in North Ark, they have all but quit moving during the day.  Hopefully this weather change will get something moving.  I am going to give it another try this weekend.

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
Guess what Bob, they aint moving down here either.  I hunt in central Mississippi near Vicksburg and after putting in about 40 hours of hunting during the last two weeks, all I have seen is a doe and I missed her with the rifle.  Seems to be the norm around here right now.  We usually have killed at least 5-8 deer already by this time between the 4 of us that hunt on my land, but so far we have only gotten one and only seen 4 total.  And the rest of the fellows have put in more hours in the stand than me.  

I just hope it's the weather and not some disease going around that we dont yet know about.  I am glad to hear that I am not alone (in a good way that is).  Hopefully it is just the above normal warm weather we have had so far.  

Bob R

Reaction score
Jug,

Back during our MZ season, the last of October, we were seeing anywhere from 20-30 per day.  The deer are there, just not moving (at our place, at least).  I was getting a roll of film off the cam every 5 days or so, now it hasn't counted in over a week.  And that is on the same trail as always!   If it has not counted by this weekend, I am going to trigger it and make sure it is working.  I think that this cooler WX might get something moving.  Gonna find out starting Friday.

Good luck to you.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Same in Missouri for me anyhow,not a deer in sight while hunting,get in the truck and drive down the road and see almost a dozen standing in a field,they do tend to group up in winter but its a little early for that,or at least i thought so.maybe with the snow comeing ill get to see some tracks to find where they are at.

gizz

Reaction score
Nice pics Simplearkansan. Always good to know their out there.
Deer around these parts will be going nocturnal this week - First week of rifle Deer!

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
WE HAVEN'T SEEN A WHOLE LOT OF DEER THIS YEAR EITHER.  IT HAS BEEN RAINING HERE ALL WEEK AND THE TEMPS ARE IN THE THIRTIES, SO HOPEFULLY THE DEER WILL BEGIN TO MOVE.  I TOOK MY CAMS UP LAST WEEKEND, SO I'M PROBABLY MISSING A LOT OF GOOD PICS.  I GUESS YOU CAN'T CATCH THEM ALL!

bigmandude

Reaction score
guess ive been lucky, i saw 16 over the holidays, just nothin worth shootin

kuff

Reaction score
Looks like his neck was pretty big-

Top Bottom