Couple small D6 Blackies

cc93cruiser

Reaction score
This past weekend we went over to my buddies residence around Columbia/Sonora area and we decided to go look for some Blackies around his property.. I took some pics of these 2 little guys.. Enjoy.... Aug 15. is just around the corner... L8tr.

huntingbret

Reaction score
Great pictures. I bet you can't wait to harvest of of them little boys LOL.

cc93cruiser

Reaction score
Great pictures. I bet you can't wait to harvest of of them little boys LOL.
Well, we see forked bucks and 3x3's all day in his property, but I will be hunting the national forest first. If I don't harvest anything there, well then I'll have to fill up my freezer with a little 3x3...:)

brushstomper

Reaction score
That little 3X3 looks young but has some good potential. May want to let that guy get a little bigger and you may end up with a wall hanger in a couple of years. Good luck!

Slix

Reaction score
Things like that keep your hopes up in D6...counting down the days, pretty much around the corner. Those are some nice pics. Thanks for sharing them with us.

cc93cruiser

Reaction score
Things like that keep your hopes up in D6...counting down the days, pretty much around the corner. Those are some nice pics. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Tell me about it... Next weekend it is on... I can't wait, trying not to think about it because it seems longer when you do, but it is hard when you eat,sleep, breath hunting...Almost there!

Slix

Reaction score
Where abouts D6 do you hunt CC93cruiser? Do you just bow hunt, or rifle hunt as well?

cc93cruiser

Reaction score
Slix, PM'd.
Ohh, nevermind- I guess you can't recieve PM's..

What's up Slix? Regarding the D6 zone, this is going to be my 1st year hunting the zone. I do have a friend that lives in the zone almost bordering the D5 zone. He lives in Columbia, and we are actually going up to his spot tomorrow to put up some tree stands in his property. Other than his private property, I would also like to hunt some public land, good ole' National Forest.. I was thinking areas around Cherry Lake or Eagle Meadows.. Are you familiar with any of these areas?
I usually hunt the D5 zone off of Ice House Rd.. Plenty of hunters there too, but there are deer if you know where to look. I harvested a nice 6x6 counting the Eye guards( although this was luck :)). Along with the d5 and d6, I will be hunting Idaho too with my father and a couple of friends. He has his Elk tag, and I have my Deer tag.. I am so excited.. 1 more month!:confused:.. Lmk what areas you hunt in the D6, and maybe we can share some info or better. Talk to you later bro..

Slix

Reaction score
yea I am familiar with those areas good areas. Some of my buddies have had alot of luck around Cherry lake. Eagle meadows there is congested too many hunters in my opinion. This year though we might head up there. The guys want to try their luck so i'll tag along. Alot of road hunters though just an FYI. We are camping out up 5N30 turnout past the 6000ft elevation sign its right before cascade creek camp grounds.

Never hunted D5 was planning on to last year but the friend that invited me got shipped out so we put that on the back burner.Been hoping to catch an X12 tag no luck yet. I hear there are some nice ones their too. Good luck on your Idaho trip, hope you fill your freezer with some well earned meat. Are you familiar with Hornitos?

Slix

Reaction score
I just fixed the PM checked it off so I can recieve them.

cheta

Reaction score
D6-D5

I saw a lot of nice bucks come out of d6 last year. I shot mine on the border of d5-d6 right around upper and lower lakes.

We saw a nice 6 pointer and could not get a good shot. Nice pictures i can't wait till the gun opener..

cc93cruiser

Reaction score
Cheta, thanks.. Nice buck you got last year by the way, I remember your post about your D6 buck.. Good Luck with this year..

Top Bottom