Covers for push buttons

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
With the push buttons, like ****** has,  is there a need for covers for them and if so what is being used?  Where can I get some.

I've been thinking of making a little rubber cap for the button and switch but if push button covers are available.....

Thanks,
Todd

coyotebandit

Reaction score
Since the covers are getting hard to come by, I only put the camera mode/test mode switch "outside the box". Everything else can stay inside the waterproof enclosure, plus less holes to cause other problems.

CB

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
I was thinking of playing around with some liquid plastic. I usually coat my treestand chains with this stuff to quite them down.  Might be able to make a small mold that a push button would fit under, then just mount it over the button.

I'll let you know if I figure out anything.

Todd

shufigo

Reaction score
No, he can't leave until he either modifies the carrying capacity of the canoe or perfects the tow line for the beer raft!!!!!!

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Does anyone know the part number of the large push buttons ****** is referring to from digikey? Thanks guys.

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Todd,  I just mounted everything inside on my s200.  both PBs and the on/off toggle.  I was a little afraid it would be difficult to use that way but I really like it.  Open it up and put it in test, do your set-up and when you are ready open it back up and and either push the count button again and close the cover fast or toggle power.  If you toggle power you will have 60 sec to get out of the way.  You get a picture when you open it up but it's digital so what the heck.  The good thing is three less holes to worry about getting your $350 camera wet.

davered1

Reaction score
Why don't you guys use a DPDT mom on/off/momon switch for the count and timer features?

It's what I use, then you can screw one of the regular covers on it and it eliminates 1 button

coyotebandit

Reaction score
Dave,

Are you using Brian's security feature? I think you need to press both buttons at once if you are.

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, my bet Davered1 isn't using the security feature with toggle switches.
I wasn't thinking of dipping the actual push button but a dow rod about the same size. Or, wait, wrap the push button with tape then dip it. Should make a nice mold.

I've got the liquid plastic too. I'll see what happens.

AEH,

Welcome back. Hope you had a good time. I put together a d-370 camera with the count button on the outside.  I think I just might follow your advise for the Canon S200 and put everything inside.  I can always change it later if I don't like it.

Later,

Todd

vman

Reaction score
Talked to radio shack last week and they said I could get around 100-150 more switch covers if I wanted them.  I believe ordering that many would be $.79 for the set of two.  Does anybody still use these?  It looks like ****** are just as good but if you want them I can get them.

davered1

Reaction score
No I don't use the security feature. Don't think theres much point .If the Camera is gone its gone,chances are the meathead wouldn't figure out what all the blinking was anyway.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom