Cow Palace Gun Show

superduty

Reaction score
The bill to end the Cow Palace gun show has advanced through the California state Senate and will be voted on by the Assembly early in August.

The purpose of this letter is to encourage you to take two quick action steps to try to save the Cow Palace gun show and all of the other gun shows held on State property in California...Orange County, Ventura, Del Mar. We believe that if the Cow Palace closure bill is passed, the gun-hating liberals that dominate the California legislature will be energized to introduce legislation to close down all of the major gun shows in California.

Step 1: Contact your state Assemblyperson and urge them to vote NO on S.B. 1733, Senator Jackie Speier's bill to close the Cow Palace gun show. To find out who your Assemblyperson is, GO TO www.assembly.ca.gov , then click on 'FIND MY DISTRICT'.

Step 2: Write a letter to Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger urging him to veto S.B. 1733 if and when it comes to his desk. Following are a few points that you may wish to raise in your letters:

A. There is no evidence in the records of any law-enforcement agency...federal, state or local...that supports Senator Speier's claim that guns from the Cow Palace gun show are being used in gang activity or crime.

B. The Cow Palace show is a venue where outdoorsmen, law-enforcement and military personnel, gun collectors and hobbyists gather to share ideas and pursue their hobbies and vocations. It is an event where like-minded people assemble and as such is protected by the First Amendment to the Constitution.

C. The show is carefully monitored by federal, state and local law-enforcement officials to ensure compliance with applicable laws. There is total compliance any with California's strict weapons laws at the show, which has been attested to by state and local law-enforcement agencies. Additional talking points, developed by the NRA, can be found at

http://www.calnra.com/doc/sb1733discussionpoints.pdf

You may address your letter to Governor Schwarzenegger at:

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger

State Capitol Building

Sacramento, CA 95814

Please send your letter for the Governor to our representative Kathryn Lynch who will be presenting the letters to the Governor personally.

Send your letter to:

Lynch and Associates

1127 Eleventh Street

Suite 610

Sacramento, CA. 95814

Fax: (916) 443-7353

Because the bill is expected to move quickly in early August, please also fax a copy to Kathryn Lynch today.

Thank you for taking the time from your day to write these letters. They are critical to the future of gun shows in California.

Reaction score
I grew up in SF and used to go to that show all the time. I miss Pomona!! :(

My letter will be on it's way later today, as well as letters for about 7 or 8 of my family members!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom