Coyote attacks three year old child in Irvine park in broad daylight...

mezcan

Reaction score
When are they going to open up coyote hunting within city limits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MariotheBarber

Reaction score
I think with the drought getting worse that incidents like this might increase. In my neighborhood the coyotes seem to be coming closer and closer to the houses, looking for domestic pets to eat..

mezcan

Reaction score
Every night on my street in San Clemente coyotes are cruising. I love watching folks walking their coyote bait off leash !

GLP

Reaction score
I'm in San Diego, we have a small dog, and I recently put my game cam up in my backyard after seeing what appeared to be coyote scat on my lawn. At 5:08 this morning a yote showed up on my camera. Anyone know of a way to deter this guy from coming in my backyard at night, besides shooting him with my bow, which I am considering doing. We don't live next to the hills or anything. This guy has to travel a good distance to get to our neighborhood.

Last edited:

mezcan

Reaction score
Rim fire subsonic , I won't tell !
Or new pellet rifles will work .

Last edited:

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
Every night on my street in San Clemente coyotes are cruising. I love watching folks walking their coyote bait off leash !

They don't cruise our neighborhood cuz the residents never report single gunshots. LOL

TheGDog

Reaction score
For starters... how much it'll help I don't know... but try urinating all around the perimeter of your backyard as much as you can. I know that if you want to stop skunks and possums from coming into your yard you can buy products that have coyote urine by-products in them that you can spread around the perimeter of your yard and they seem to help a lot with the possums/skunks. Also for the coyotes you can setup a free-rolling 4 or 6 inch diameter PVC/ABS tubing which is slipped over the outside of a regular piece of plumbing pipe that you mount at the top of your fences... the idea there being that it creates a rotating surface at the top of your fence/wall that they can't get a grip on to help with climbing over the top of the fence at the top or their leap up.

wingseeker

Reaction score
Give them a face full of Hevishot Dead Coyote.....you won't have that problem again

FoCoHugh

JHO Team Member
Reaction score
I grew up in San Diego, where Tecalote Canyon was my backyard. The coyotes showed up on the paper route quite a bit.

Top Bottom