Coyote Bounty

Thumper

Reaction score
 Hi everyone,
I was wondering how many States or Countys across the U.S. that have bountys on coyotes? And how much do they pay?

Thanks, Stephen

yotegetter

Reaction score
No bounty in CA anymore. There used to be a $15 bounty in AZ when you turn the ears in. Anyone know if this is still in effect?

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
There was one a good while back up around the Paso Robles area.  No more.  A rancher around the Bend, OR put up a bounty on coyotes a couple years back.  He put up 15-20 grand (10 bucks a piece) thinking it would last a good while.  It was gone in just a couple of months.  I have a client with a 40,000 acre cattle ranch up there and his hands shoot the things like there's no tomorrow.  After two years of this, they're finally starting to make a dent in them (mountain lions are still a problem, though).  I hunted deer up there a couple years ago and they were all over the place.

Regards,
Paul

toolyfolk

Reaction score
$20 a dog in Tooele county, Utah.  

Not bad making a little money while hunting.  Something the wife is actually ok with,  heh heh heh.  

TScottW99

Reaction score
The county where I grew up, Bland County Virginia, used to have a $100 bounty on the yotes when they first started showing up.... when they ran out of money they quite.  I think there is a couple of counties still around here though that have $50 bounties.

BirddDog

Reaction score
 Bounties are almost completely innefective in managing coyote populations or individual problem animals.  You will not ever see bounties approved by the state wildlife agencies simply because they are a waste of funds. Consider that during the high fur prices of the 70's-80's coyotes expanded their range and the population increased. That in the face of high harvests.

Gus

Reaction score
Lampasas County, Texas has a $100 bounty if the place where you shot the coyote has been registered for helping keep the population in check.

Beerdonga

Reaction score
Guadalupe County Texas and a few surrounding counties have a 15 dollar bounty for coyotes.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom