Coyote Hunting Questions

ToastMaster

Reaction score
Got a couple questions for you guys, normally im hunting up in the high desert but thats getting a little tiresome driving back up and down...anyone have any exp hunting say closer to lytle creek or silverwood lake? ive got a couple spots scoped out and reached out the ranger stations who gave me the blessing that the areas in question are good to go just wanna pick some of your brains before headin out...thanks in advance...

stalker00

Reaction score
If you are willing to use a shotgun. All the BLM land between the desert and the forrest holds coyotes. Just be willing to walk a distance from the road.

ToastMaster

Reaction score
Def don’t mind hiking in, Ive actually come across what I thought to be an abandoned trailer once only to find some lady yelling I was on her property, she had 4 big black dogs loose barking like crazy at me(wide open BLM land mind you, I had parked on an off chute dirt road and hiked in about half a mile) she was threatening to shoot me if I didn’t high tail it outta there...I just raised my hand yelled out sorry and walked out backwards as she kept yelling for her dogs to get me...only time I’ve ever come close to discharging my handgun just to scare them off...eventually made it close enough to my truck and sounded the alarm and they took off...needless to say I never went back to that spot...

Latest Posts

Top Bottom