coyote in trap pictures

redfox18

Reaction score
Here is my first coyote I trapped.Just started trapping this year,it was fun.I caught this one on my last day in to get my traps out.This area produced alot of fox,it was a nice bonus.It was a 1.75 single stake to and ms. yote didnt escape.hehe

yotegetter

Reaction score
Nice yote redfox! What ya do with her after? I've never trapped.

Terrierman

Reaction score
awesome photo's redfox! what area are you in? thats Bonus anyone would love.

redfox18

Reaction score
Thanks guys I was happy.I took this one to the taxidermist,32 pounds is what he said ,I think she was a yearling,or she had never mated,judging by her nipples.

We sold most of our fur green this year,(whole carcuss unskinned) we didn do to bad,got some money back we invested.

Next season we are going to put up all our fur,we just wanted to get our feet wet a little this year in land trapping.Praciced some skinning on some coons.We are in ohio.

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Hey Red..

This was my first year back at trapping, caught a couple of fox (one grey, one red) but NO coyotes!! My buddy had a permit for a bobcat, we set 12 sets out for coyote and bobcat, didn't catch anything but coon. What kind of lure did you get your coyote on? Did you use a regular old dirt hole set? Good Job on the catch!!It's not often you get to talk to guys in the East that are successful with the coyotes!!I am in PA

redfox18

Reaction score
Hello h2o,I used Hal Sullivans deadly dinner at this set,the brush is real thick around here,this water inlet is heavily traveled,they like to move along the water,which was frozen solid when I set this trap,they travel acros the ice and along the water,that dirt up under the bank where the water is when its high was unfroze and sifted so nice.I used all dirt holes.Once the snow hit I started catching fox and no more coons,it was very obvious they run along here nightly.Mostly red fox,I did call one grey in up the road from here,the great thing about this spot is no coons or possum,the downfall is walking back with a flasglight everyday.I only had 2 traps left out there,I had pulled the others,but left these to come back,had to much steel......lol.........this lure was a good 2 weeks old,I didn texpect anyhting,all the remaining fox were bouncing around my sets leaving scat.I kneww there were some big tracks.

I tell ya around here it seems like the yotes are in an area,then gone for a while then back again,I think its timing,they just arent thick enough.My trapping buddy and his brother called in a double on yotes,we missed a couple other times,but mostly we dont even call them in.I heard them howling once,but that was in september and I was goose hunting the early season and had no way to call.

Well glad you got a coiuple fox,to bad you couldnt connect on a bobcat,your buddy had a saacred tag in pa thats for sure.bobcats are fully protected here,we have a small population in southern ohio,but its rare to see them

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Kewl pics redfox18. Congrats on the yote catch. That's weird the yotes don't stay put in one area. Out here they are pretty territorial and I see the same ones in the same areas a lot.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom