Coyote series....

wapiti

Reaction score
I decided to attempt to call coyotes recently with the intent to just photograph them. I had good light it was cloudy and the sun trying to break through. Packed my tripod camera and lens, my fold out turkey seat and vest with some camo-netting.

I set up with the wind quartering away to my left, and expecting the dogs show up from downwind, hoping I could get pics of them trying to wind me.

I made two one minute series of squeals on a primos cottontail reed call.

In 6 minutes a coyote was in my lap running full speed, I shot 32 images in 21 seconds, there were 5 yotes in all, and I only got the camera on 4 of them.

Here are the results:

foulshot

Reaction score
Some nice looking dogs!

I'd make it a dual purpose trip next time...

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
Awesome series! It's kind of nice to set some time aside and just photograph isn't it? There's some beautiful markings on them dogs!

Plenty of time to
them on another outing.

Chenango Dave

Reaction score
Awesome series Wapiti. Nice looking dogs too, alot of them around here have the mange real bad.

Rem

Reaction score
Now thats what i' talking about wow. did you use the D300 on them? what was your settings great job..

wapiti

Reaction score
Yes, D300, best I can remember I shot ISO 500 and manual exposure, f7.1 and roughly 1/500 ss, tripod.

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
That's a great photo series!
As much as I hate coyotes, that fourth one has a beautiful red color. Sure would make a nice throw rug.

Top Bottom