Coyote Techniques

jayber

Reaction score
Ok, the last time I was out checking my camera I jumped a coyote.  Spotted him easily against the snow racing away.  That's the first one I've seen in years, not that they're not around.  Those of you that get them on film using your game cameras, how do you do it?

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
There are three things I have notice when it comes to catching pictures of coyotes.
1. A camera that takes fast pictures.  Most times coyotes move quickly through an area and can get by your camera before it takes a picture leave what you might think is a false picture.
2. No scent on the camera.
3. Angle of possible approach.  If they come in down a trial at an angle your chances of getting their pictures increase vs. straight across since they move steadily.
Just some observations.  I got a picture of a mama and three little ones last year.  I thought it was pretty neat.

jayber

Reaction score
You got a link to those yotee pics Brian?  Got your message to the fact that you couldn't e-mail them.  And thanks for advice!  I was thinking about getting some entrails or the like to try and bait 'em.  Or maybe I'll check with the local law enforcement to see if they have any roadkill........or maybe not....P U!  LOL

coyotebandit

Reaction score
I tried putting out a chicken and turkey carcass in front of the camera about 12 feet away. I noticed both coyote and raccoon tracks in the snow, and I had 4 new pics so I haven't developed it yet. It did bring in the coyote, don't know if the OWL got a pic off, I will post if I got anything worth posting. I might need to add a refresh circuit for those little critters. I wanted to put some bait out, to see what time they come out to feed, so I can shoot the little bambi killing varmints! :sunglasses-yellow:

davered1

Reaction score
pour something like fish oil in front of cam about 6-10 ft it will attract them and they will come in to see what "smells"

Stever

Reaction score
patience.
Put camera out withy abait and walk awy for at least a week or until bait is gone. Do not go near the bait or cam until it is gone. I put out a road kill deer hide with part of carcass underneath. Covered in snow but finally hit.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
I will try to post some of them on my website today if I get a chance.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Brian,

I didn't know you had a Web-Site, what's the Link

Thanx

Tinhorn

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Sorry Tinhorn I thought you knew from my deer picture posts earlier this year.

It is crude but I can at least show some pictures on it.  I am going to post some video once I get a chance to learn how to get it on the site.

Brian

Curtiss

Reaction score
Hey Brian,
   If you have Front Page, you can go to insert, go to video, add the video.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
I am using Microsoft publisher but from what I hear FrontPage is the way to go.  I may get a copy from the guys out here at work and try it out.

Thanks for the info.

I am in the process of posting the coyote pictures to my website.  One is of a mom and three little ones and the other is of a coyote with a squirrel in its mouth.

http://briang.netfirms.com/page13.html
http://briang.netfirms.com/page14.html

It will take a few minutes for it to download.

coyotebandit

Reaction score
Brian,

Those are some darn nice pictures, I hope I get some half as nice as those. I did get a couple nice ones when I used my friend's Photohunter cam during the rut. I can't to see what's on my camera right now.

Photohunter Pics

CB

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Brian, as soon as I saw that, or should I say "THE" Buck, I remembered I was there before (and didn't think to look where Todd Told Me Too)

and those coyote pix's ARE GooD

Tinhorn

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
TUNAFISH!!! catch everyting........works the best!!!2 cans  in  blender!!!! then spread all over grund abt 10 fet away !! he will be ther sooner or later!

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I need to go through my archive( a drawer full of pictures since 1994) and see if I have any unique pictures to share.  I do remember one that has a nubbing buck squared off with a coon.  The coon is up like he is ready for a battle and the knot heat has his head cocked like he is going to ram him.  It was pretty funny.  I got that one about three or four years ago.  I might not be able to find it.

thanks again.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom