Coyotes  Bobcats????

bloodsports

Reaction score
I plan on going out on Wed 2/13 and was wondering what predator response best in the Morning/Eveing.  Do you guys have a preference on what part of the day you hunt for Coyotes and Bobcats??  Also can anyone point me in the right direction on where to start looking for bobcats around Frazier Park.  Any Info will help.

Thanks      

(Edited by bloodsports at 5:50 pm on Feb. 13, 2002)

songdog

Reaction score
The first call of the morning is my favorite for coyotes.  They'll come in at noon too but I think that's the single best call of the day.

I've had better luck with bobcats in the late afternoon.  Especially after we've had some weather.

Frank

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
bloodsports,

Ditto on the morning hunts as my favorite.

However, I am only a novice at predator hunting, having called in approx a dozen or so critters. 3 were cats, 1 fox & rest coyotes.  All were called in approx 8-10AM if memory serves me right?!  1 of the cats was a mtn lion that shocked my dad & I.

Guess I'm just not an evening person as mornings are my favorite no matter what I am hunting.

I would think Frazier would be a good choice for cats, but unfortunately cannot think of anywhere specific off the top of my head, other than perhaps somewhere off Lockwood valley rd?!

Let us know how you do.

Frank

Latest Posts

Top Bottom