Coyote's, Turkey's, and Bears - Oh My!

gizz

Reaction score
Here are the highlights from my latest 2 rolls. These 2 cams were setup within 1/2 mile from my house. I didn't check the cam at the haunted house yet as I want to give it a couple more days. The variety I got on these rolls was way more than I expected.
BTW, these 2 cams were my very first cams made with the older owl/date model with the green dial and MS20 hanging on the outside. I felt i was abusing them so I put them out. Enjoy!

From a different cam:

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Wow Gizz, most excellent pics. You got a bear even. Is that yote all the same sequence? The last pic of the nosey deer is funny, looks like she's stomping her left foot at the camera. I also wonder what that bear is looking up at. What ya think, that bear go 250 -300 lbs. ?

NC Bowhunter

Reaction score
Those are wsome awsome pictures, gizz.  I'm quite impressed.  I need to get out in a few days and check my camera.

wvhunter

Reaction score
Gizz, what great pictures and variety from two rolls of film!!!  Makes me really want to head to the woods and pull the film to see what I have.

gizz

Reaction score
Spectr - The c'ote pics are in sequence the way they were taken. The 3rd(close-up) pic was about 20 minutes after the first two. My brother and I think they are different based upon the color. There have been 2 distinct packs howling at night so I suppose if I had that 360 degree feature you have on your Olympus I would've gotten more
I also guessed the weight of the first bear at about 300 to 350. (it's hard to do cause they look bigger than they usually are).
Most of the "good" pics are from the same roll. The last 2 pics are from the other roll. It had 3 pics of the same bear and mostly the rest of that same "nasty" doe.
Here is another pic of a bear from the same roll as the first bigger bear. This pic was taken 2 days earlier after some rain (foggy). Same Bear?

Tinhorn

Reaction score
That Turkey don't realize what it's messing with, being in the area with all those Predators running around ! ! !  

Man that's neat  

Tinhorn

Welby

Reaction score
Gizz, these are excellent pictures.  I would love to just come and see this place for myself.  Must be like paradise there.

Way to go.

Fubar

Reaction score
Gizz  I had the same results after a rain. Mostly eyeballs in the darkness and fog.           Fubar

Gun Docc

Reaction score
Super pic's Gizz

just goes to show a feller..... "if you only knew what is in your backyard"

evidently you got a good backyard.....hehehehe

that bear should hit the 250 to 300 lb mark on the scales but like you said it is hard to guess their weight until you hang em on a set of scales

i managed to kill one last bow season with my bow that went 600 lbs and even broke the state records here in the weight and measurement departments.
this bear hanging on the skinning gambrel was 7 1/2 feet long from his nose to his hind feet which were stretched out hanging him from the tendons right next to his hind feet.

while tracking the bear i killed last season there was blood on both sides of the trail and on the bushes he passed , he left blood at the height of my pockets on my hunting pants.
(while standing next to a bloody spot left on a bush i marked it by placing my hand on it and noticing where it came to on my pants )
then after i found the bear and seen where the blood was coming out from the arrow wounds(passthru) the arrow had went thru the bears chest about 6 inches below his backline, which meant this bear was about 36 to 38 inches tall at the shoulders.

what would be neat is to go back to where you had the camera placed and note from the pic you got of him just past that small tree and then look at the angle the camera was actually looking . this way you might get a real close guess of his body size.

kinda like measuring him by where he was standing and note the height of his backline on the small tree according to the camera angle.

hope i have not bored you with all this but it great to get such good pic's of an animal like this , at least you know he is there.

gizz

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the comments.
GunDocc - That is a good idea about going back and using reference points. I will be doing this as I think I've found a nice place for the homebrew videocam to spend vacation

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Gizz,  when do I get the invite for hunting???

Todd

Top Bottom