Coyotes with rifles (shooting them, that is)

Pasco

Reaction score
Been out near Angelus Oakes several times this spring.  See several coyotes each time, all times of the day.  Do any of you know any areas for coyotes that a rifle is legal?  Within a 100 mile radius of Anaheim would be great.  I'm planning to head out to the Badlands past San Jacinto, quail hunted there last year, didn't see any dogs but it looked likely.  Any hints are appreciated, will report back any success.

H

Honkin Honky

well, i dont know if this helps or not, but ive heard that there's alot of good numbers around silverwood lake.  is it rifle legal?  i have no idea...  but it wouldnt hurt to check it out....  hows the quail hunting out past san jacinto?  ive never been up there, but im looking for places to go next season.

Pasco

Reaction score
Pretty sure Silverwood Lake area is shotgun only.  I was hoping to find something south or east of OC.  The quail hunting out that way was good for me last year.  Lots of plinkers in many areas, so you need to hike where they don't go.  Also nearly vertical canyon walls that they love to lure you into, then they fly over the top and to the next little canyon.  Once you figure their game out you can get some birds.  Tough going but the dog and kids do most of the retrieves.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom