CPAP

reno17

Reaction score
Anyone use one? I hope they work better than they look. Going in for a sleep study later this month.

Cda55

Reaction score
A guy who I hunt with does. He said he'd not had a good night of sleep until he got his. Good luck with it!

duckdog

Reaction score
Continues Positive Airway Pressure.

I know a lot about Sleep Apnea. There is a lot of nice CPAP masks these days that are more comfortable and not as invasive on the face, the machines are getting smaller and easier to travel with.

If you have sleep apnea and start wearing a mask. It will make a BIG difference in your life. I work as a Sleep Technologist at a Sleep Center and I have seen the proof from the tests I do.

Goodluck, and it's not bad to wear one. I do.

Dana

MEnglish

Reaction score
I've been wearing one at night for about 7-8 years. Before I got it I snored so horribly that I never really slept well. I could sleep 2 hours, 8 hours, or 16 hours and still feel just as tired. I was falling asleep in church, while driving, and finally in the middle of conversations. It was horrible. Took me awhile to get used to the mask but once I did I couldn't believe the difference. I'll never forget waking up one morning about 15 minutes before the alarm went off and thinking, "man I'm not tired!" It was a great feeling. I went from not being able to stay awake to getting 6-7 hours asleep at night and feeling well rested! If it's sleep apnea you won't believe the change a mask makes.

Mike

FTTPOW

Reaction score
I've had one for about 6 years. You'll get to where you don't want to sleep without it. I even rigged up a system with an inverter, a deep cycle battery and a charger so I can use it in our hunting cabin, since it doesn't have electricity without a generator. The rest of the guys can get a good night's sleep when I use it, because my snoring won't keep them awake.
You'll get the best sleep you've had in years.

Tree Doc

Reaction score
Just keep the dog's ass away from it. Dog farts are brutal when injected!

mrgadget

Reaction score
My daughter works for Fisher & Paykel, they make the CPAP masks. Works great from what I hear, and since I have Restless Legs Syndrome, man, can I relate to what real sleep is like compared to the "before" version. I take a pill (Requip) to solve my problem, but if it meant lying in bed with a mask to get a good night's sleep, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Good luck to you!

Time to take my pill and hit the hay!

Top Bottom