Creaky noises in my videos

Witty

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone have any idea what's causing and how to fix the creaky noises heard in the following videos made with my S40? I can't figure it out.

Video 1
Video 2

It makes that noise in every video I have (about 10 or so). You may have to turn up your sound a bit for "Video 1". But in "Video 2", it's really bad. Thanks!

-Witty

Eastky Bowhunter

Reaction score
Its maybe "noise" from the wires. Try to insulate them and move them away from the camera as much as you can.

Witty

Reaction score
Hi,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Ever see Blair Witch?[/b]
Haha, yes... and sadly, I think about that very movie each and every time I walk to my stand in the pre-sunrise blackness of morning hunts. My "favorite" is unknowingly walking beneath and spooking some roosting turkeys. Makes me feel "alive".

Anyway...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Its maybe "noise" from the wires.[/b]
Wires inside the camera itself or running from the camera to the board, either/or? I also have some wires running to a supplemental battery pack that sits up against the camera too. I'm not sure if I CAN move them, not much room for rearranging things. But I suppose more insulation might help, assuming that's the problem. Will electric tape do the trick? Thanks!

-Witty

Eastky Bowhunter

Reaction score
Not sure if black tape will work or not. I had the same problem with a P52. It makes all kinds of funny noises. It also a real tight fit. I just deal with the noise.

Witty

Reaction score
Hi,

Yea, I guess I can deal too. I was just surprised that I was able to hear the other ambient sounds of the forest n' such, so figuring out how to eliminate the creaky noises seemed ideal. Oh well. I'll mess it next time I pick it up. Thanks!

-Witty

Latest Posts

Top Bottom