Crossbows

c3e001cc

Reaction score
With the proliferation of crossbows and the legalizing crossbows for hunting in many states I am in the market for a good crossbow that an old retired fart might successfully use. I have an old Barnnett crossbow that is self cocking by breaking it over your knee. I believe that it is a Commando model but I have no idea what draw weight it has or what bolts to use. In other words, I have no idea what the specs are for this bow.

I have searched the internet for recommendations and have only become more confused...Horton..Barnette....PSE....TenPoint...etc...etc. 150...165...180...225...

I think I would like to have a good midrange crossbow but I will yield to some suggestions from you experiences gurus. Thanks, Henry

oneshothunter

Reaction score
im a pse shooter but the horton 175 with scope is one of the nicest crossbows i have shot for the price its a 300+ fps and with some simms add ons its sweet ..

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
Dad bought one of the Excaliburs, quiet for a crowwbow since it uses recurve style limbs vice cams, but still noisy compared to a bow. Georgia allows it during regular bow season so he thought it would be fun, and especially fun hunting hogs in the thick stuff, but he never carries it, too cumbersome for him.

Good luck, if you wait till after the season there are sales, that is how he got their top of the line model for a good bit less.

After typing I realized you live n South Georgia, I am from Sumter County.

Top Bottom