Crow hunting ?

wildbirdhunter

Reaction score
Who has done it and what do you do with the birds afterwards? What type of call have you used and do dekes works at all? I have been thinking about hunting crows for the past two or three years but never had any one that was willing to go with me. I don’t think going by myself is a really good idea as the only person that I know of that does it told me that every time he has gone a MT. lion has come into his stand area.  I don’t think being by myself in the woods with a hungry lion and only a shotgun in my hands with #6 birdshot is a good think if I even see him at all. I now may have other people to go with.
Thanks For the help and info the wildbirdhunter

rlwright

Reaction score
Crow decoys work good, I used to hunt crows w/ my pellet gun all the time in the back yard. I even hit a few of them out of the air. Had to stop hunting when the animal control and police showed up and confiscated my pellet gun. But I got the upper hand, I gave them the 20$ chinese air rifle instead of my benjamin which I still have. I just put the carcasses in the outgoing trash or use them for fertilizer.

shaman

Reaction score
check out crowbusters.com, lots of info(including recipes)

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 i have been and we used an electronic caller with crows fighting and distressed crow,you have to kill the first crows as they come in,they are sattilites checking things out,if you get them more will come.Dekes work well with the call,Crow are good wingshooting practice,and not push overs.

songdog

Reaction score
I use the same tape that Passthru is talking about.  Sounds like two crows kicking the tar out of each other.  We call it poor mans duck hunting.  They start showing up and circling lower to see what is going on.  

When you get one, stretch it out on top of a nearby bush as a decoy.

We use the old lead duck loads that you can't shoot any more.

I've had coyotes come in to the call but never a ML.  That would be a kick.

I use a couple of their feathers for fly sying stuff but for the most part they turn into coyote food.

(Edited by songdog at 8:58 am on Feb. 1, 2002)

wildbirdhunter

Reaction score
Thanks for the info and the web site. Looks as if I need to order some new call CDs
wildbirdhunter

Latest Posts

Top Bottom