Crunch time, Help w/ homebrew cam

dalliwacker

Reaction score
Well bear season is fast upon me and I still havn't finished my cam.  Could be work, then again it could be my school, or maybe it is family that is slowing me down.  Regardless, there just never seems to be enough time in the day.

Well here is problem #1.  I connected the red LED light and I also have the DPDT switch connected to the wires of the LED light.  When I connect it to the battery immediately the LED light comes, the sensor trips, and the camera snaps off a pic.  After approximately 8 seconds the sensor resets itself and the LED light turns off.  That all happens while the switch is in the ON position.  While the switch is in the off position and I connect the battery the sensor sets itself and the camera snaps a pic, followed by the sensor reseting a few seconds later.  Any suggestions on how I can get the light to stay on until I am ready to throw the switch to the off position and have the cam turn on?  Thanks!

Tinhorn

Reaction score
dalliwacker

I'm not real clear on what you said :) but when power is applied to the sensor, it will trigger and sort of have to WARM UP for a few seconds, then it will reset.  This is Normal.....

IF you turn on the unit's power, it will snap a pix, unless there is a switch between one of the wire's from the NO contacts to the camera which is in the OFF position (switch is open)

After the initial warmup, the switch can then be closed and the Movement Cam is ready for Action

Tinhorn

Latest Posts

Top Bottom