Crunch time, Help w/ problem #2

dalliwacker

Reaction score
Here is the other problem I am having.  My cam is going on a bear baiting stand, and I purchased the timer from Qualitykits.com to allow for the time between exposures.  I am by no means an electronics genious, but I can follow directions pretty well.  I am not really sure on how to wire the timer to the cam.  I played with it the other day, and I was hooking the timer between the battery and the PIR sensor.  I later found out that is a big NO NO.  I have taken a few pics to show you what I am up against with the timer.  I know the timer needs to go between the cam and the sensor.  (That really hurts, because I had already soldered in quick disconnects for the cam and sensor, but I guess I could make quick disconnects for the timer too.)  What i need from some of you rocket scientist is where do I connect the wires on my timer board.  BTW, the directions that came with the timer were no help what-so-ever.  I am using a 12V battery, MS20WC PIR sensor, and Canon Owl Sureshot PF date if this helps.  You guys really don't know how much I appreciate the info, thanks a mil'!  Jim

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Dalliwacker

If you can follow my poor Sketch, here is how to hook up your timer.  The same battery powers both the Timer and MS20.  the MS20 has to have a 12volt relay installed and it's contacts connects to the timer as below:

Tinhorn

dalliwacker

Reaction score
Thanks Tinhorn

When I get some time over the next week I hope to finish the cam up.  This should help out a lot.  Jim

Advertisement

Top Bottom