Ct whitetail pic

Brian S

Reaction score
This is my day before thanksgiving 8 point buck in Connecticut. see Off for whitetails for the story.
Brian

http://www.zmarks.com/brian/brian.htm

(Edited by Brian S at 2:30 pm on Nov. 27, 2001)

(Edited by Brian S at 2:31 pm on Nov. 27, 2001)

gizz

Reaction score
Nice Job BrianS!
Looks as though you had a good hunt.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Dang, Brian!

Is that a cow with deformed horns?  Plenty of meat for your freezer there!

Nice one (and great story on the other post, too!)

Fubar

Reaction score
Brian Way to go! Lots of good eatin there.              Fubar

whitehunter

Reaction score
Good job Brian!!!
Glad you got your deer since you missed in Utah this year!

Was this the first legal buck you saw, or did you pass on some to get this one?

Brian S

Reaction score
  I saw around 5 good bucks on this trip. Two of them were the first morning before light and in the rain. The first was the 9 pointer my uncle later got. He was chasing a doe and nearly bounced off the tree we were in. The rut was on during this trip about 10 minutes later what looked to be a 6 pointer came along on the same trail looking for the doe. We stopped him twice with a doe call but it was still too dark for a good shot. Later that day I took a shot at a decent buck, I had a rest and he was walking slow at 100 yards. I must have hit one of the 300 or so branches between us because I skinned the brisket. We followed a drop here and there blood trail for 200 hundred yards, at the last drop we began to make circles wider and wider for 3 hours. No buck, I was sick(burning ulcer sick), this was the first deer that got away. Unless that buck climbed a tree his trail just disapeared.
   I got it together the next day and that afternoon is when I took the 8 pointer. He was running with 2 does, they veered off and he continued down the hill towards us at 100 yards or so my cousin mothed the call again and it stopped dead in its track. I had a clear shot and took it, the
shot went through the heart and both lungs, he took 5 steps and rolled over. The next day I went to where I had shot at the first one and still could not locate him or  buzzards so I think  he was back to chasing does. This is my first whitetail buck and the biggest deer that I have taken. I have him at a taxidermsit back there and can't wait til its done might have to adjust the herd in the living room, this one will need his own wall, he'll make my local L.A. bucks look too small.
Brian

Top Bottom